Twenty three (last chapter)

Maddie's POV

It was Monday, and I didn't go to school. I couldn't face Piper, Jason, and Lucas, especially, after what happened at the dance. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the video.

I should've heard the rest of the story. I'm so stupid.
I'm a horrible person.

****************************

Lucas' POV

Maddie wasn't at school today, and I really needed to talk to her.

After school, Piper went to the park to look for her. "I'll check McDonald's!" Jason shouted excitedly. I raised an eyebrow, "She hates McDonald's," I said flatly. "But that's where she'll least expect us to find her." I sighed and rolled my eyes, "Yeah, okay, whatever. Go knock yourself out." "Sweet!" He ran off.

I decided to check the most obvious place on earth.

Her apartment.

*At Maddie's apartment building*

I parked in front of her building, and looked in the glove compartment. I scrummaged through all the clutter until I found what I was looking for.

A necklace that said 'Friends'. I looked at it and took a deep breath. I texted Piper to come over and have Jason bring his radio. I quickly sent the text and shoved my phone into my pocket. I ran to the elevator and hit the button to her floor. I got to her apartment and knocked on the door. It soon quickly revealed Maddie, "Lucas, we need to talk."

She stepped aside for me to walk in, and I sat down on her couch. I started to speak, "Wait. Let me go first," she interrupted, sitting down next to me. "I can't even begin to tell you, how sorry I am for not listening to you. For not letting you speak and tell me your side about the whole situation. If only I had given you chance, none of this would've have happened. We would still be best friends, have an awesome time at the dance, and everything would've been okay." She let her head fall into her hands, and started to cry. "Just please, in any way, could you ever forgive me?"

I took her hands and wiped the tears off her face. "Maddie, we've been best friends since first grade and I love you so much. How could I not forgive you?"

I stiffened after realizing what I just I said. "You f-forgive me?" She looked up at me. I smiled and nodded, then pulled her into a hug.

She then broke the hug, and looked at me. "Wait. Did you just say you loved me?" My face reddened a bit, and I slowly nodded my head. She smiled and exhaled, "I love you too."

I pushed back a piece of hair behind ear and held her chin with my hand. We both leaned in, until I remembered something. "Wait," I pulled back. "I have to show you something first." I held her hand and lead her out the door.

Maddie's POV

As Lucas is pulling me with him from behind, I sigh and smile. I was filled with joy, and couldn't be more happier after this moment.

We soon stepped out of the building and saw Piper standing there. Along with Jason, who was holding a radio.

"Um, what's all this?" Lucas turned around and smiled at me. "Well, since you brought up the dance, and how it was somewhat terrible, but surprisingly eventful in a weird way. I wanted to make it up to you." He looked back at Jason and nodded. He smiled and pressed play. Lucas turned back to me hand held out a hand. "Will you, Maddie Core, go to a redo dance with me?"

I giggled and smiled, "I would love to, Lucas Culber." I placed my hand on top of his, and placed the other on his shoulder. He then gently placed a hand on my waist, and started to lead. I looked into his eyes, and smiled bigger than I ever did before in my life.

I looked over to my side, to see Piper and Jason dancing along too. The moment was perfect.

This was perfect.

I looked back at Lucas, about say something until the music is changed. The radio starts to play a fast upbeat song.

"All right!" Jason starts to dance like a crazy while Piper watched him, laughing. Lucas looked at me and chuckled. We stared at each for a few minutes, as our faces slowly inched closer and closer. I closed my eyes, and I felt the touch of his lips onto mine.

Sparks.

We break the kiss and grin widely at each other. "Turn around," he finally said. I gave him a confused look, but did what I was told. I waited until I felt something cool on my neck. I looked down to see my 'Friends' necklace. I smiled brightly and turned around. "Best friends?" He pecked me on the lips.

"Till' the very end."

*****************************
The end!
I hoped you guys liked this story as much as I did. I loved writing this story, and being able to show it to you guys. 😢😢 So sad it's over, but don't worry! If I get 4+ votes and 4+ comments on this chapter, I will most definitely write an epilogue for you guys!

Anyways, I hoped you guys enjoyed this story, and I will definitely be writing more stories in the future! So until next time, adiós! (Btw! Thank you for all Lucas and Maddie a ship name suggestions... Ladison! Woohoo!)

Some things you could answer in the comments:

Who was your favorite character in this story?

What was your favorite part, and what chapter was it in?

Finally, would you guys like me to write an epilogue for this story?