Twelve

*Next day at school*
I decided to apologize to Lucas for my dad yesterday. So as I walk into the school, I look around for him. I turn and take a right down the hallway to see two people kissing. The girl, I think was Lindsay, but I didn't know who the boy was. So I walk a bit closer to get a better look, and my eyes widened once I recognize his face.

Lucas. And he's kissing Lindsay.

Before they could notice I was there, I ran out of the school. I didn't know where I was going, but I had to get away from there. I couldn't go to Piper's because she was obviously on her way to school, and I can't go home because my parents will wonder why I'm not at school.

So I decided to go to the park.

❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃

When I got to the park, I sat down on the swing, and bursted out into tears. I coudn't believe Lucas. I felt for my necklace and looked at the ground. I found a pebble and picked it up.

I thought about Lucas as my face boiled up with anger. "I hate you!" I threw the pebble. "Ow!" A boy said as he came over walking to me. "Did you throw that?" He rubbed his back.

I jumped up, "I'm so sorry!" "Hehe, it's fine. I'm Blake," he smiled. "I'm Madison, but most people call Maddie." We were about to shake hands, but he puts a finger up. "Wait. Madison? As in, Madison Core?" I raised an eyebrow, "Yep...That's my name." His face glowed with happiness. "It's me Blake! Blake Aarons, your neighbor, best friend from kindergarten?"

The memories quickly returned to my mind. "Blake!" I jumped up and hugged him. "I've missed you so much! When did you move here?!" "Me too and we moved here a few days ago for my senior year." "That's great!" We broke the hug and sat back at the swings.

"So why aren't you at school?" He asked. "Boy trouble." I bit my lip. "Whoever he is, I'll pound him for you." "Hehe, no it's ok. He's my best friend, since I moved here for 1st grade. Then we went on a date and-" I broke into tears, I couldn't continue my sentence.

Blake stood up and hugged me, "Shh, it's ok. You don't have to tell me." I wiped my tears, "Thanks." We both smiled at each other.

❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃

After spending some time at the park, we left to go home around the same time school ended. Blake offered to walk me home, and I accepted.

As we walked towards the entrance of my apartment building, Blake shouted, "Hey my apartment is across the street from yours!" He pointed" "Cool!" We both smiled, "Well I'll see you later," "Yep, bye Maddie." he turns around and I watch him leave. As he walks to the building, he's skipping and jumping, doing a happy dance.

I laughed to myself and smiled.