Six

Maddie's POV
I could feel Lucas staring at me from behind as we walked towards the apartment, which made me nervous. I unlocked the door and we all walked in.

"Mom! I'm home!" I shouted. "Honey I'm right here, you don't need to shout." She chuckled. "Hey mom, I brought some friends I met from school. This is Piper and Jason." They shook hands, "Nice to meet you, I'm Mrs. Core, and my husband, well, he's asleep right now." She whispered the last part. We all laughed. "Okay, well we'll be upstairs in my room, bye!"

Once we have reached my room, we all begin to set up everything and plop in a movie in the DVD player. I sat in between Jason and Piper, and Lucas was on the other side of Piper.

"Do you like Jason?" I whispered a random question to her. She blushed and slowly nodded. "Can we switch spots? It feels weird sitting in between you and Lucas, knowing that you guys like each other." I nodded, "Sure, but we don't like each other!" I whispered and glared at her. As I sat beside Lucas, he smiled and I smiled back. I looked over to Jason and Piper, and I saw a grin appearing on Jason's face.

Lucas' POV
I'm glad Maddie switched spots with Piper because it would've been awkward sitting next to her the whole time during the movie. Besides, Jason likes her.

When Maddie sat down next to me, I smiled. She smiled back, gorgeous. Maybe Jason's right. Maybe I do like her.

During movie, Maddie's mom brought two bowls of popcorn. One for me and Maddie to share, and another for Jason and Piper to share.

As reached over to get some popcorn, Maddie's hand was there, causing me to grab her hand. She jumped a little, and looked at me. I looked back at her, red in the face. "Hehe..." I awkwardly chuckled.

She smiled, then fixed her hand so that mine and hers were intertwining. I sighed in relief, and smiled at our hands.