Three

Lucas' POV
"Hi... Lindsay," I replied uncomfortably, not looking directly into her eyes. "There's an empty seat next to me, you can sit there if you want," she said flirtatiously. "Um, but this is my seat!" Her best friend Marissa stated. "Don't listen to her honey," Lindsay touched my arm. I think Maddie noticed that, because I switched my gaze over to her, and she went to sit at the back of the room with her head down.

I brushed off Lindsay's arm, "No thanks, I'm sitting in the back with my best friend." I then walked away from her. "That's okay! Maybe next time!" She said, still smiling.

Maddie's POV
I'm not sure why, but I felt my self burning up with anger and pain at the same time when Lindsay started flirting with Lucas. Jealousy? Maybe I like him? No, I don't even like Lucas. I mean I do, but only as a friend. I looked back at Lindsay and Lucas, but he walked away from her and made his way towards me. I looked back at Lindsay. I think she got mad, because when she turned around, her hands were in fists and she stomped her foot.

I started to grin like crazy. "Why are you all happy?" Lucas sat by me while putting his stuff down. Embarrassed, I blush really hard and turn away. "Hey, you know I would never leave your side." He grabbed my shoulder to turn me around, and hugged me. I hugged him back.

----skip to lunch----

We were on our way to the cafeteria, but then I remembered I really had to use the bathroom. I touched Lucas' arm, and he smiled in response. God, even when he smiles he's so cute. Wait what? No. "Hey, I'll meet you down there. I need to go to the bathroom." "Okay," and I hurried down the hall. After I had used the restroom, someone rammed right into me in the hall, causing us both to fall to the floor.

"Okay, ow." I said. I saw papers fly everywhere, no wait, they were drawings. "I am so sorry! I didn't watch where I was going! Please don't kill me!" The girl pleaded. Kill her? What the heck? Instead I helped pick up all her drawings and gave them to her.

She was really pretty actually. She had long wavy blonde hair and blue eyes. She was also wearing these huge nerdy glasses that were really cute. "Hey, it's okay. It was an accident... And I'm not going to hurt you," I told her. "Really? Oh good! I thought you were like one of Lindsay's friends. I'm Piper," she smiled. "Even if we were the last two people on this planet, I would never be friends with Lindsay. I'm Maddie, I was just heading down to lunch, want to sit by me?" "Sure!" She brightened. "Oh and I like your landscape drawings, they're really good." "Thanks, and they're okay. Not really my best." She looked down. "Seriously? The only thing I can draw is a stick figure. And that's not even good either!" I laughed. "Haha, well thanks." She grinned. "Anytime."