Chapter Four

"Where's your phone?" He asked, making her chain her arm around his. The night was a whirlwind of chills and she seemed to be shivering now. Though, the pink cheeks reflected her unease under the street lights, it was mostly the fear that had her fingers light, fighting to clutch at his coat. He could tell. Her body language was obvious.

"I don't have one." She shook her head. He inhaled a frustrated breath.

"I still have two guns."

"And you didn't kill me."

"Doesn't mean I won't now." He muttered. She dropped her head and pulled her little iPhone out. He held it in both his hands and her jaw dropped as he bent it in half, completely shattering the screen and the phone's existence. The top SIM disc had come out slightly which he tugged at and pulled the little disc right out.

"You could've just taken a bloody SIM out." She gasped.

"Thats not how this works." He tossed it in one of trashcans they passed. Tossing the SIM card somewhere else, broken to half, he kept walking.

"You're a real charmer." She hissed. Smart mouth. He wasn't expecting that either, "Where are we going now?" She snuggled closer to his arm and they turned into a public parking lot. He led her to his car, parked in the last column.

"Get in." He opened the door for her. She dropped her head staring at the entrance of the car, "I still have the guns." He spoke lowly. She rolled her eyes and slid in the passenger seat. He shut the door and cleared his throat before turning and catching the bastard who'd been following them so casually.

"Vincent Carsozza. Who knew..." He snickered, as Vincent held a knife to his throat and tight foot on one of his, making him wince.

"Random fucker. I don't care." He spoke lowly and just when the gun cocked, he ran the knife at his carotid artery, pushing him away so he won't bleed on him. He gagged on the floor and Vincent inhaled a breath, looking around at the empty parking lot. Dragging him by the legs, he rolled him under the car parked next to his.

"You killed him as well." She exhaled a breath as he slid in the car beside her in the driver's seat.

"Put your belt on." He started the car and pulled out of the parking lot.

"Now, will you tell me who you are?" She asked as they drove out of downtown and away from the happy crowds built up too much traffic.

"No." He sped on the highway.

"Why did you take me?"

He didn't answer.

"You've kidnapped me. I, at least, deserve to know why before I die." She sighed and then remained quiet for a while. He drove silently as well. No talks were required. When he stared back in the rearview mirror, he found her crossing her legs and dropping her head back, quietly staring out the window. Her hair still laid on her left shoulder and the little strands from the heavier side of her locks, touching her cheeks. She smelled of the expensive perfume, not to intensely but enough to run around him. Her fingers played with each other and she was chewing on her lip, as if thinking, "I really thought things would change today." She gulped, "Not this way, of course." She inhaled a deep breath, making her chest heave and drop back.

He didn't say anything and turned back to the road.

"Is this random?" She turned her head, staring at him.

Nothing. He didn't feel obligated to answer.

"Why did you kill those men?"

He remained quiet.