Chapter Twenty-Five

Fixing her hair, she eyed the beautiful body hugging dress that came to her knees, backless and off-shoulder straps with a sweetheart neckline. She set her hair in a thick curls on one side and set her face with ray make up and red lip colour. Coming out, while setting on her black heels, she found Vincent stand in a crisp navy blue suit with a black waist coat and white shirt under. His hair gelled to perfection and beard set perfectly. He looked beautiful, as much as a man could. She'd started feeling things now and that was dangerous. Every time she held him or they spent some time in a bed together, she knew it was only his body she was getting, not his heart. It was amazing. Best she'd ever experienced but he wasn't hers, so she couldn't even begin to be his. He fixed his watch and eyed her, his gaze raking her body.

"Well?" She gave a small courtesy.

"Good." He nodded. She frowned.

"Saying, you look beautiful or even pleasing really boosts up a girl's nerves, you know." She shook her head

"Not if it's not true." He shrugged. She stared at him with a gasp, slack-jawed.

"Whatever. I'm sure, Mr. Morris will like it." She gulped, unsure whether that was even true.

"If you know you look stunning, why do you need me to confirm it?" He asked and she bit her lip with a shake of her head.

"There, was that so hard?"

"We leave in five." He turned and she dropped her head. Walking to the full body mirror by the door, she bit her lip and fixed her hair gently. She gasped when two arms came around her shoulders and a diamond necklace hung in front of her. It was a round band. A string of diamonds. He brought it back and tied it around her neck, "GPS. In case he takes you somewhere. Microphone embedded as well."

"Hmm. That is one beautiful GPS device. Best I've seen since the one in your car." He bent in and kissed under her jaw. Making her gasp slightly.

"Don't touch it." His hand ran down her shoulder, grazing her spine and then left her body. She nodded and placed her coat on her shoulders. Heading out, she got in his car and they drove away with him behind the wheel as a driver. When they reached the club, she pressed a hand to her chest and regrouped with everything she had prepped herself with.

"You can't do this?" He asked, looking back.

"You'll be recording this, right?"

He nodded.

"Your tablet?" He showed it to her, where the cameras were hacked already.

"Odette?"

"Just checking." She licked her lips, "In case, you know... I don't come back. I just want you to have your answers. That's all." She nodded and stared at the club again.

"Breathe. I'm not gonna be far."

"You have to be, Vincent. Promise me. If you are around, I'm just going to be thinking about you." She whispered.

"Alright. Go." He released a heavy breath and she slid out. Shivering, she started making way as the cold air whipped at her nose. The snow was getting in her way and she looked at the guards by the entrance. She raised a hand and snapped her fingers. One of the bouncers nodded at the other and came for her. He gave a hand and she walked through the snow by his support. As they reached the door, she gave him a twenty tip and headed inside the familiar basement. A small gathering was still going on and people chatted here and there, got high and low and drunk to the bone. She recognized the bartender and he grinned. Looking away, he nodded and in the same booth, Ramiro sat. He found her and jumped, running to meet her up by the bar.