Chapter Twenty-Six

"Where are you coming from?" Vincent asked, sitting in the lounge, on his laptop when a door slammed shut. It was striking four in the morning and he would've been worried had he not been tracking her phone.

"Out?" She bit her lip.

"To do what?"

"I had an errand to run."

"Just an errand?" He asked.

"Yes."

"You've been here three days and the fridge is stocked." He shut the laptop and stood, walking around to her. She was in a black dress with a round neckline and sleeveless. It flared a skirt from her waist down to mid thigh, "You look dressed."

"Er, I don't have..."

"Odette." He warned.

"I had a date." She bit her lip.

"Excuse me?"

"A date. With someone."

"When did you have time to pick someone up?"

"What's with the questions?" She crossed her arms.

"You're my responsibility."

She snorted.

"Is it Frank?" He gulped. Her eyes widened and cheeks tinted, "Seriously? You're going out with Frank Morris?"

"He's amazing, Vincent."

"I don't fucking believe this. Are you insane? He's fucking Morris!"

"Vincent, I don't think he's involved."

"Odette, he is involved. He is playing you. When are you going to grow a damn brain in that head of yours!" He fought.

"You know, I don't want to hear this. By the way, we are over. Whatever the hell that was anyway." She walked around him but he took her arm and stopped her.

"What are you doing?" He asked with a little softness in his tone. He hated this. She was attached to that asshole and that wasn't good. Not for her and not... for him either. He didn't know why but when he heard the two hitting it off that night in the club, something began to gnaw at his stomach and he only wanted to drag her out of there. He half expected her to walk out high on ecstasy again but the way, they gave each other a goodbye and even waited for the other to disappear made him gag. She liked him. Not the way she liked having sex with him, no this had... feelings.

"He's charming and quite nice, Vincent. Not to mention, hot." She snickered, "I really like him. And I think I'm starting to have a type for men." She chuckled to herself, "Bad boys." She snorted, "That sounded so much worse than it did in my head."

He clenched his jaw.

"This isn't a novel, Odette. He is not as good as you think."

"Of course not, Vincent. He works with drugs." She gulped, "I just want to have something nice right now. And the way that he is, I like it." She scrunched her shoulders.

"That's why you shouldn't have been in this life." He muttered to himself.

"What was that?"

"You're naive. You're... you don't know the way things work."

"Why are you being like this? You should be happy. I'm off your back!"

"I never wanted you off my back!"

Both of them froze.

Then, after a few moments, both turned and headed for their rooms, not speaking a word about what's gone down in the moment outside. Vincent only found himself frustrated enough to shoot someone in face. And for some reason, he had a face in mind.