Chapter Twenty-Seven

Vincent Carsozza. A man of less emotions and lesser words. A tall, high man with a jaw sharp as blades and eyes as innocent as an angels. Had she met him at a bar as a regular man, she'd been terrified of him for reasons much more different than they'd been originally. He had some way to him. Like a protagonist bad boy straight out of a book. A man of charm and suit, protocol of his own and proper perfection in his work. No time for love, maybe time for sex but place where he could draw and extra heart. His body wasn't the only exquisite thing about him. It was everything that was sheathed by that structure as well. A purpose to keep those around him safe. Eliminating those who inflicted harm and to do everything possible to help him and the ones around him survive. 

First time she met him, he'd killed three men out of spite but the one thing that clicked her most was when he saw the bartender on the floor and said. 

He's innocent.

What cold blooded killer cares for whether a stranger he didn't intend to kill is dead? He did. She felt safe with him. A strange kind of it. Yes, the initial hate was alive and roaring. He'd snatched her night away, though he saved her from a fate much worse that she was yet to know off. She never admitted it to anyone but she was interested in the kidnapping after it had been done so. It felt like a psychotic thing to say to anyone really. Who was ever happy about being kidnapped for reasons unknown. He believed her to be innocent. He predicted her innocence and on the sole basis of that, he never touched her. He never harmed her. And he resigned his contract of three million dollars. All for a girl he thought was innocent. He could've lied all he wanted but the truth was that he saved her because he wanted to. Noah had said once that Vincent wouldn't have come to save her if he didn't want to. Noah could never make him do anything. 

He even checked whether she was happy with the Harrisons. The small talk he made before she noticed him, wasn't necessary. He could've just told her who he was and set her packing but there he was, asking whether she was happy. Whether being married into wealth was something she wanted. He needed to make sure that he wasn't making another bad judgement of his job. 

His annoyance with her was never too real. He was a man of calm, she was a woman who wanted to pretend joy and talks so that her heart never felt too lonely. It was hard to admit that she truly was. Thats why she read books. They were a home to her. A different world where a wonderful charming hero fell in love with her and had civility in him. A proper manner of courting his lady. A way of loving her and not forcing his demands on her like most boys and men did these days. Mainly revolving around and bloody dirty talks. She hated that. She hated all that sexting shit. What was that all about? There was no intimacy left. No real passion. Just ruin the whole experience by texting someone with a bored face that you would like to give them a good job. 

After meeting Noah, she thought she could make an acquaintance with Vincent as well. Knowing him wouldn't have been so bad and getting closer meant having friends, some known people in her life. Sure they weren't the poster boys for Goodwill but they were honourable killers. If the balance was concluded the name. They were more honest than any of her friends. Even Fred, Andy and Jakob. They lied to her as well. Biggest lie was they didn't tell her about Jakob cheating on her. That was the most surrounded lie she'd experienced until they came clean and begged that they didn't know how to tell without shattering her. What utter bull. She'd thought. If you care about a friend, you tell the truth and brace for the reaction of pain and stand by three through it but you pull them out of the terrible lie of something perfect that didn't even exist. 

Noah and Vincent were honest from the head start. Like they didn't know why she was kidnapped, they didn't appreciate the deal so they had to pluck her out. They couldn't let her go home because she was still a target and that she wasn't safe with them and was better off. Noah showed his true affections and Vincent did his hate. Though that was lie somewhere, Vincent couldn't help it. Noah and Odette had confirmed it his way of showing care for someone.