Chapter Eleven

The hall looked beautiful. Chandeliers around the place with a marble white ceiling that had chocolate brown lines patterned on it. The floor was off-white marble as well but the centre was carpetted with a giant red round rug. Waiters dressed in red waist coats and black simple masks walked around. Blanche held up her white, diamond jeweled mask on her eyes with a stick while Odette pulled hers down to her eyes. Everyone wore beautiful gowns with even more exquisite, expensive looking masks.

However much she wanted to walk around in freedom, she was chained to Mrs. Harrison's arm, who marched her over to Derrick and Mr. Harrison in a corner across the round hall. They were with a couple, chatting something about business. Derrick placed a hand on her back as she approached them and she shrugged him off. He was in a black tuxedo with a wine red mask, with sharp horns at the end of the curves of it. His hand came around her waist this time and his nails dug in her waist through the dress. She winced at that.

"Why don't you two go and enjoy a dance?" Mrs. Harrison beamed.

"Lets announce first." Mr. Harrison suggested. She nodded happily and Mr. Harrison walked the middle of the dance floor with all three of them. Odette stood frowning as Mr. Harrison got his microphone and everyone stared at them now. Even the waiters.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, it is with great pleasure that we announce a happy union of our son and his beautiful bride to be, Odette. Please give them a round of applause." Everyone clapped as Derrick held her hand harshly and pulled her to stand in front, facing him. He picked up her left hand and with a strong hold on her knuckles, fixed a large diamond ring on her finger. She winced at how hard he'd pushed but everyone just clapped. He pulled her into him with an arm around her waist and she slapped palms on his chest to keep away but he bent and forced a kiss on her lips that she didn't reciprocate at all.

Suddenly, he started moving with her still plastered to him and she noticed how people had started moving around them in pairs as well. They were dancing. Oh, she hated dancing with him. Mostly because he kept stepping on her toes, making those little things on her feet miserable.

"You are an awful dancer." He spoke.

"Yes, I'm sure its me." She taunted and he nodded back. He twirled her around and when brought back to him, her heel stabbed his toes and she snorted happily, having finally returned the gesture. He frowned and swore at her. She smirked a little and he leaned in, kissing her lips again. As he moved to her neck, she ge try pushed at his chest.

"You dont want your balls going back up you ass in public Derrick. Back off." She warned and he moved back, glaring at her which soon turned to a grin and eyes full of lust. She hated that look. This man wasn't even trying to be better. He was just smug about winning what he wanted.

"Mr. Harrison?" They heard and a beautiful woman in a navy blue strapless gown stood with a red smile and tied up dark locks.

"Well, hello." He grinned.

"May I steal him for a dance?" She asked Odette.

"Oh, I'm sure she doesn't mind." He smirked and pulled the woman in, "Or do you, honey?" He asked.

"Never." She answered and he squinted at her before starting to twirl away with the woman. Odette released a heave of relaxed breath and found the bar in the back. She needed a drink. As she took the first step to walk to it, she felt a tap on her bare shoulder and looked back to find a tall, buff man in a navy blue suit and a black shirt under. It fit perfectly around his muscles and complimented his scruff and dark hair. He wore a black mask with a slight lift of a spade on one side.

"A dance?" He raised a hand. She looked around and then found Mrs. Harrison waving a hand at her. Clenching her jaw, she gave her hand out and the man pulled her in.