Chapter Twenty-Four

Leaving Ramiel with his girls, she finally slid out around eleven. He was crazy after his dose of oxytocin. All hands and barely any control. She made him control the girls and he practically started tear at their clothes. She watched for a bit and then waved goodbye, which he barely seemed to notice. The boys at the door, let her out and she walked out into the parking lot.

Vincent was already outside. She'd told him to be out by ten exactly. Sliding in the back seat, she heaved in a chest.

"Go." She gulped, growing uneasy.

"Are you okay?" He asked staring through the rearview mirror.

"Please keep driving." She held her breath, fanning her face. She felt the high and after that second injection of Ecstasy that she managed to lessen for herself as well, it was getting difficult to ignore. The mere fact that she hated those people, helped her composure but now she was losing it because it was Vincent who was in front of her. The man was walking sex right now. A trembling hand came and laid cold against her lips. She scrunched her legs close together and shut her eyes, shivering.

"Odette."

"Please get us home, Vincent. Don't stop." Her voice wavered, "Please."

He increased speed and she knew he was a little tense as well, thinking that she might be hurt or intoxicated somehow. She was intoxicated but not with a drug he would find normal. This was bad for the both of them. She could just jump him but she wanted to control. To maintain herself steady. For an hour of holding her whining or moaning, she found their building in sight and released a breath of relief. Just as he parked, she jumped out of the car and walked to the elevator, tapping the button fast. Running steps sounded behind and he was behind her now.

"Are you hurt?" He asked, as they walked in and pressed the button for the thirtieth floor. She cussed under her breath. The dumb elevator. He was closer now more than ever.

"Please don't touch me." She cowered away as he hand came to her back.

"The fuck did he do?" He was alarmed now.

"Just stop talking, please. I'm fine. I'm fine." She was trembling. Her heart pounding against her chest. She'd probably taken more ecstasy in the next round than the first. The second had been more recent. Almost twenty minutes before she managed her way out. It was the main reason, she had to run. The tingling sensation through every good part of her body was killing and gnawing at her useful parts. The elevator was going up especially slow for some reason. She shut her eyes and held the golden railing in the elevator and waited for it to stop. It was like she was begging her mind to have some power and stop the damn place. She was starting to lose her senses now. Suddenly, her heart dropped and she felt light headed. A release formed in her and she felt... happy.

"Odette?" Vincent called and the elevator opened. Oh, he was beautiful. She liked the way he looked. That tight waistcoat around him, white shirt so perfect, she wondered if it would rip easy.

"Hi." She smiled. Oh, blessed heavens. Her mind sang as he held her waist and walked her out of the elevator.

***

She was barely straight all of sudden. Her happiness was unusual and he feared she might've taken some heroin in the place, but the happiness was unexplained still. Usually after that stuff, she should be falling into a coma rather than loose and happy. She wasn't excited. She was happy and grinning mad. When they entered the apartment, she pushed away and moved into the lounge.

"Home." She called.

"What did they give you?" He took her arm and swivelled her around. She threw her bag and pulled at her wig. Then she yanked the net around her hair and released a happy breath at the loose strands falling down her body, "Odette, wake up." He shook her.