Chapter Nine

She woke up in a big room. Four post bed with translucent white curtains hanging from the dark wood frame and a bed of six pillows and duvet, all dressed in a set navy blue bed sheet with an abstract pattern designed in a darker hue of the colour. The bed was very comfortable and she felt chilly in the large space. There were two bedside tables, both holding tall and wide lamps with white shades hanging above. the floor was light gray carpet and there was a floor to ceiling window on her right where black curtains were drawn in. The lamps on the bedside tables were lit and she could see the white walls, the small chandelier on the ceiling and the corner fireplace with a sitting area around it. There was another big white door on the wall opposite her, and one on the wall to her left. She didn't even remember getting in this grand place until it started coming back to her.

Harrison forced her to drink the small bottle he offered. He drugged her so she wouldn't know where they were going.

"Brilliant." She muttered, tapping hands on the duvet. He bare arms told her that she'd been stripped of her coat and not just that, she was in a sleeveless, cotton, blue night shirt with a lace for straps and shorts under. Someone changed her. The thought embarrassed and disgusted her, making the need to scrunch up the comforter up to her chest, to hide away. Tear grew in her eyes and she dropped back in bed.

She was in Madrid. About to marry a man she didn't even know the name of. She didn't even know what would happen if she said no. Would they kill her? Force her? What would happen? She wanted to know how they knew her. Why they chose her for Harrison's son.

Just when her thoughts could make her head heavy again, the door to her room was slightly being pushed to open. She sat up, holding the duvet around her, only to reveal a tall lady in a body hugging white dress and a boy cut, her golden hair. She was prim and perfect. The woman who came in behind her, pushing a trolley was in a black and white maid's outfit. What a tradition. She thought.

"Hello, dear. Nap well?" She asked and Odette gulped, crossing her legs under so as to ball up in a corner and away from the lady as she sat by the foot of the bed, "I dont believe we've been formally introduced. I'm Blanche Harrison. Rabossa's better half." She smiled. The bright corner white studio lights came on and Odette blinked harshly before gaining Blanche's perfectly dressed look.

"Odette Elliot." She answered, "But I'm sure you already know that." She licked her lip.

"I do apologize for the method my husband brought you here." She waved her hand with a shake of her head.

"Yeah. Buying a daughter-in-law isn't exactly something I'd call highly civil." She gulped loudly.

"I agree." She sighed, "But its my son. Oh, he needs a wife."

"I'm sure he does. But why me?" She sniffed.

"Why, because he chose you, silly." She snickered.

"I'm sorry... come again?" Odette blinked, utterly confused.

"My son has his heart set on you."

"I don't even know who your son is and I don't have a boyfriend, if that clarifies anything for you." She was holding the blanket tight to her.

"I know." She pursed her lips. Odette waited for more.

"And?" She asked, slightly irritated. Actually she was lot irritated but it wasn't possible to lash it out on her offenders.

"And he wants to know you."

"Then he could've asked me out on a date!" Odette fought and Blanche's face fell, "I'm sorry." She sighed, "But this is ridiculous. He kidnapped me to get to know me?"