Chapter Twenty-Two

He found the bed empty when he came to. This was the night of the first day that they'd spent in bed. A new kind of exercise they'd found after all their other ones. She was sitting by the edge of the bed. Her back bent enough for her spine to show. Long hair sprawled on her back and she seemed to be wearing her underwear again. He pushed himself up by his fists and sat, rubbing his eyes,

"You're up."

"So are you." She spoke in a low voice.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

"I couldn't sleep." She gulped.

He felt that he might've hurt her.

"Why?" He straightened. She looked back and smiled a little. Turning, she crawled back and sat in his lap with legs wrapped around his waist. He placed hands on her back to keep her steady.

"I liked this." She mumbled.

"Don't expect me to be kind." He spoke sternly.

"God forbid." She rolled her eyes. He eyed her naked front and neck.

"I liked this, as well." He gulped. She hummed and pecked his lips and then his cheek. He feared she might feel more than just a physical attraction, "Erm, why couldn't you sleep?" He pulled back and brushed the hair off her shoulders.

"Nightmares." She licked her lips, "Funny, I never had them before... I met you." Her brows furrowed for a spell.

He nodded.

"You've been through some things these past few days. So it's understandable."

"What is it with you?" She asked.

"What do you mean?"

"Sometimes, you're this man who would do anything to keep me alive and then the next... it looks like you won't even care if something happened tomorrow."

"We shouldn't have the liberty to care here. You should know this now. People die everyday, more often in this world than usual. You can't care."

"So, you are loyal to no one?"

"I was. I still am. That's why I'm doing this." He answered. She ran fingers through the side of his hair.

"You know why I'm doing this?"

He shook his head. She bent in and kissed his neck and moved up to under his ear.

"I owe you a debt. I'm just looking to pay it off." She whispered and bit his earlobe. He blinked down with a hidden grin. Answer he didn't expect, but the one he liked. She moved back and matched his eye, "Had enough sleep?"

"Yeah." He muttered and dropped her back in bed, driving them both insane with many moans and yells.

***

Next day, they packed around four and got ready to catch a flight at nine. She dressed in a proper navy blue dress that curved around her shape, down till her knees and put on her coat along with it. Apparently, they were taking a private jet and not a regular one.

"So, how did you manage this?" She asked as they pulled out of his car. She picked up her duffle on her shoulder and walked alongside him.

"I get paid in millions." He spoke, looking around and assessing their surroundings. She whistled.

"Poor civilians work everyday for a regular flight and you get a pot of gold in every bad head."

He raised a hand for her to start on the stairs to the jet.

"You just need to know where to look." He advised and she snickered getting up inside. Her bag was taken by the crew member who smiled at her. She grinned, raising a hand.