Chapter Twenty-One

"So? Is he really there?" Vincent asked, walking back into his cabin, carrying some food for them. she was sitting on Noah's laptop, chewing a thumbnail.

"One of his jets flew to San Fransisco in the past week but another took off to Toronto, Canada. So, I checked for his locations in the two cities and Mr. Morris has a property in San Fransisco and by property here, I mean, a house. A big, house but he's got a residence there." She chuckled. He nodded and placed the bag on the kitchen counter, "We found him." She stood with a big smile.

"We could be wrong." He took off his jacket.

"I know but can't we be happy that we might have a lead?" She grinned.

"Odette this isn't a game." He shook his head, "We might know where he is but we can't march through the front doors and put him to rest."

"I know." She chewed on her bottom lip, thinking, "I still can't believe we have a lead. We found him!" She chuckled and then she jumped at him, giving him a hug. He was taken by it but cleared his throat. He let her have her moment but it was growing to be uncomfortable. It wasn't in a bad way but a worse one. He was growing tight and hard. His body rigid but he was getting lost in the sweet scent of her hair. His hand came up and held her waist. She hummed and he felt himself shiver at the vibration of her voice bouncing off his skin. When she moved back, she smiled a little and he released a breath.

They stood solid for a bit. As if both were thinking of something. He couldn't help but read her lips, the pink and the dryness of them. She was close to him for the first time where he had no one but her to focus on and he was frozen in the moment. He felt her fingers come in his hair and he waited in anticipation of her next move. Would it happen? Would he get a taste that would intoxicate him? These thoughts were just starting to roll in when she smiled with a bitten lip and moved out of his embrace.

"Whats for food?" She walked to the counter and checked the bag, "Mmm, tacos. How unique." She chuckled, pulling two out and setting them on a plate for herself.

"I'll book us a flight for tomorrow."

"Great." She spoke with a mouthful. He took off his blazer and headed for the bathroom in the back. He was burning up.

"The fuck?" He mumbled to himself. Thinking for a bit, he came back out to find her, fanning her face with a hand and chewing something but not her tacos.

"What?" She mumbled and he realized she was eating ice.

"Are you... chewing ice?"

"Its good for health." She cleared her throat.

He squinted.

"Don't do that." She looked away.

"What?"

"That dumb look on your face."

"Excuse me?"

"Yeah. That." She pointed.

"I'm going to shower." He waved it off and headed for the bathroom. Shrugging off his shirt and then pants, he turned the water to a steam. It usually helped release the situation rather than suppress it. However, he couldn't do it. He took the shower but the whole time, his eyes were shut and his body hurt. It wasn't from the fights of the hectic days. It was a different kind of pain. One that could make a body explode but it won't know how to help that happen so peace could be restored. Finishing up, he wrapped the towel around his waist and headed out. His clothes were out in his bag so he had to make a walk for it in his towel. When he came out, he heard a moaning hum and found her sitting on the kitchen counter, licking her finger.

"What are you doing?" He eyed her up and down.

"I didn't feel like tacos so I opted the chocolate cake. I'm surprised you didn't eat it yourself." She hummed, "Noah said you had a soft spot for chocolate."

The Innocent TargetOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara