New Beginnings

Simba

Rain washes away all of the hurt all of the anger, sadness and hatred that these lands had come to know.

The fires are put out, and there is a calm feeling in the air that we can all sense.

I come down the cliff and see Zazu and the lionesses with grateful smiles. My mother and Nala approach and I greet them. I head bud my mother lovingly, and nuzzle Nala affectionately, feeling safe around those that I love.

The sound of the Mandrill I had met earlier shaking his stick makes me look up at him, and with the stick, he points to the edge of Pride Rock. I now know what I have to do.

I take a deep breath and make my way up to him. We both smile at one another and I pull him in for an unexpected hug, feeling grateful for everything he's done for me, and for us all.

"It is time," he says putting his hands on both of my shoulders.

Feeling ready, I begin to climb.

______________________

Nala

It was as if I were watching in slow motion. Almost majestically, Simba ascends to the edge of Pride Rock, handsome and strong. He looks up through the rain as if looking for something.

Thunder rumbles.

Then, looking determined, with confidence, Simba let's out a roar, filling the Pridelands with hope.

We (the lionesses) all roar with him to signal the new beginning

The rain continued to pour more than I'd ever seen.

Simba called us up to Pride Rock, and I was the first to greet him.

"I'm so proud of you," I told him with a nuzzle.

"Thanks," he said and licked my cheek.

"Simba! Not in front of your mom!" I blushed.

Sarabi chuckled, "I sense that there is some romance going on between the two of you."