Future Queen

Sarafina's POV

The next morning...

I decided that it was time to go back home this morning. The only reason I'm in this small cave away from everyone at Pride Rock is so that I could have some privacy when it was time to give birth to my cub. Now that I have given birth to my beautiful little girl Nala, I am ready to go back to Pride Rock. Nala was born only three days ago, and already has her eyes open, she must be a fast learner.

"It's time to go home." I whispered to Nala.

I picked Nala up by the scruff and made my way towards Pride Rock. But first I decided to find Jasiri so that I could show him our precious daughter.

When I spotted him at our usual place where we meet at the borders of the Pridelands, he spotted me and ran towards us with a wide smile on his face.

"Jasiri, meet your little daughter, Nala." I said when we finally reached each other.

He licked the side of my face lovingly and then he nuzzled Nala. "She's perfect, and she looks exactly like you. Just ya know, a little smaller."

I chuckled.

"Hey little one." Jasiri said to Nala softly, who was playing with his mane.

"Mew-mew." Is all Nala said in response.

I giggled and then there was a silence of us just looking into each other's eyes.

"I've missed you so much." He said with a sorrow look in his eyes.

"I've missed you too."

Jasiri then nuzzled me. "I'm so proud of everything you do."

I smiled and then licked his nose. We laid there  in the savannah for a bit while Nala was snuggling in under Jasiri's mane.

When it was time to go, we said our goodbyes, although Nala didn't want to leave her father. I picked up Nala and then I made my way to Pride Rock.

I'm so excited to see Sarabi's new little cub. Our cubs could be best friends with each other.

I pull myself up Pride Rock and as soon as I arrive to the cave entrance I notice by best friend Sarabi.

She notices me too and before I could say anything... "SAFFY!" Sarabi calls out and sprints towards me.

"Sarabi!"

She head buds me. "I missed you so much!"

"I missed you more."

"Ha, not possible." She giggles.

"Aww look at this little munchkin." She smiled and looked at Nala who was hiding behind my paw now. "Oh my gosh you had a girl?!" Sarabi asked in excitement.

"Yes I did, her name is Nala. It means gift."

"That's such a beautiful name."

Hmm I wonder where her cub is.
"Where's your little cub?" I asked.

"He's sitting with Muffy inside. I'll go get him then we can sit and talk." She goes inside the cave to get her cub.

She had a boy?! Aww he must be so cute.

When she had come back, we laid down outside with our cubs in our arms under a shady tree.

"Sooo what's this little cuties name?" I asked.

"This is Simba."

"That sounds like a very strong name. What does it mean?"

"It means lion, Muffy wanted a strong name since he will be the future king."

"He's so cute." I say as he crawls his way towards my arms where Nala is laying.

Nala paws at Simba's face.

"Aww look, they're already playing together. I know that they will be the best of friends." I said smiling while watching them.

Simba licks Nala's ear.

"Or maybe more." Sarabi says and we both giggle.

I look down at Nala who is now snuggled up next to Simba in my arms.

"Did she get to meet her dad yet?" Asked Sarabi.

"We just visited him before we came here."

"That's good."

"Yeah...he's already in love with Nala."

"It looks like Simba is too." Sarabi chuckles. "Maybe we've already found our future queen."

"Maybe so." I chuckle looking down at the two of them.

"How cool would it be if both our cubs were one day ruling the Pridelands together?" Sarabi says in a joyful tone.

"That would be so great! Because what if they had their own cubs."

"We would both be their cubs grandmothers." Sarabi said in an excited tone.

We both giggled about it.

There was silence for a moment.
"I heard about your father, Sarabi. I'm so sorry for your loss. Are you alright?"

A tear shed from her eye. "I'm okay...we all new it was going to happen sometime soon because of what those filthy hyenas did to him."

I growled at just the thought of a hyena. "I hate hyenas...with a passion."

"Same here."