Lost

A/N
Yes I did change my username once again, but I just wanted something shorter and easier. This username I am more satisfied with.

Enjoy the chapter,
Vote & comment 😀

•••••••••••••••

Zira

I could not believe it. I had identical twins! And I finally had a male who looks strong and healthy. It doesn't matter if Scar isn't the father. I can just tell him he is, instead of that old rogue who was just passing through the Pridelands, at the same time I decided to try to do a hunt on my own.

I had decided to have the cubs in a cave further from Pride Rock. I felt like I needed some space. And was also worried that Scar would reject my cub again. I wasn't ready to go through that again straight after just giving birth.

I looked down at the two little fur balls resting at my side.

"I will let Scar name you." I whispered to the male cub. "As for you," I said taking my eyes away from the male, now looking at the female. "I will name you Vitani. Meaning demon of war. You will become a strong fighter like your mother."

My stomach then began to growl and I new it was time for me to find some food. I left the cubs in the back corner of the little cave, and walked outside.

It took me a long while to find something to hunt, until I finally found some field mice.

After eating I knew that it wouldn't last me long, but I had to go and check on my cubs. I wouldn't want to lose the one thing that would make Scar proud of me.

On my way back I bumped into a few random hyenas who looked like they were just leaving the cave where my cubs were.

"Oh hey Zira what are you up to?" One of them asked.

"The real question is, what are you doing coming out from the cave that my cubs were left in!" I yelled, anger boiling through my veins.

"Oh, you mean this cub?" Said another who suddenly appeared with my precious Vitani in his mouth.

"You idiots! Put her down now! I know you wouldn't like it if I told Scar what you're up to!" I snapped.

The hyena put Vitani down and I grabbed her then placed her in between my front paws. "Where's the other one?" I yelled when I realised that my most important cub was not anywhere to be seen. I began breathing heavily, panicking.

"There was only this one!" One of them answered.

"No there was not! Now I will give you one more chance to tell me where he is, before I kill all of you!"

They all looked at each other in fear. "We don't know who you're talking about." A hyena shrugged.

"That's it! You will all pay for what you have done!" I yelled and launched myself at the hyenas, killing all four of them one by one. I could not believe that they ate my son, he was supposed to be Scars heir.

I made my way over to Pride Rock. When I reached it, I went to find Scar and tell him what the hyenas had done to his heir.

I walked up the rocky steps with Vitani in my mouth. I found Scar standing at the edge of Pride Rock and I pawed over to him.

Scar turned around when he noticed me. "Zira! Do you have a heir for me?"

"I did."  I answered.

"You did? What do you mean? Did you lose it?" He asked beginning to become more furious after every question he asked.

"It was the hyenas!" I told him. "There was four of them." I placed Vitani down in front of me. "I was thankfully able to save this one, but they ate the male cub."

"Nonsense! The hyenas are loyal to their king! They would never do such a thing!" He shouted in a loud sharp way. He lost his temper. "And I don't care if this one is still alive! It's a girl! What did I tell you about females?"

"They are not fit to be in charge of a kingdom." I answered. "I'm sorry to have failed you once again, Scar."
I picked up Vitani and was about to walk off, that's when I heard one of the lionesses that joined us a year ago come over.

"My king." She bowed. "We have reports on three lionesses who have left the Pridelands.

"Who are they?!" Scar asked.

"Tama, Kula and... Nala." Shani told him.

"Nala? No-no-no she can not be gone, I was going to make her the mother of my heir."

I frowned, but then thought of an idea. "I can lead a search party to try and find them." I offered.

"My...what an idea. Zira, gather up my most loyal lionesses. Preferably our newest Pride members, because they respect me and I know that there will not be any funny business. You will all then search for the three, I'm sure it won't be hard, they're most likely all together, it will probably only take a few days." Scar ordered.

"But what about Vitani?" I asked.

"Who's Vitani?" Scar questioned.

I picked up Vitani and showed her to Scar.

"Oh...this thing, you can bring it with you." He said.