It Is Time!

Nobody's POV

In the jungle where Simba, Timon and Pumbaa all live, the three are arguing.

"I'm just not so sure that I can cross the log safely anymore. It's been a while and I'm not as small as I used to be." Simba explains to Timon.

"Oh come on Simba, quit worrying!" Timon shouts to his pal while jumping on the log.

"Yeah Simba..." Pumbaa says following Timon's actions.

Simba pondered for a bit

"Don't you remember the meaning of Hakuna Matata?" Timon says dramatically.

"Of course I do. We only sing it every day!" Simba laughs.

"Well?" Pumbaa asks.

"Hakuna. Matata. Hakuna. Matata. Hakuna. Matata." Timon, and Pumbaa day as they are moving along the log doing a little dance.

"It means no worry's! For the rest of your days!" Simba begins to sing when he finally jumps onto the log with a big smile.

"It's our problem free! Philosophy!" They all sing.

"Hakuna Matata." Simba says finishing the chorus.

All three dive off the log into a pond. First, Timon jumps in doing a cannonball, and makes a small splash.  Then Pumbaa, doing a swan dive, makes an even smaller splash.  Finally Simba swings out on a vine, gripping it in his teeth. Before he can dive, the vine breaks under his weight. The resulting splash is big enough to wash Pumbaa and Timon ashore.

Simba joins Timon and Pumbaa on shore. The song breaks into gentle jazz voice, and improvisations on the words "Hakuna Matata" are sung as Pumbaa toots like a trumpet. Timon, Pumbaa, and Simba continue boogeying off into the forest to the beat of "Hakuna Matata."

That night...

A monstrous belch comes from Simba. Timon, Pumbaa, and Simba are lying on their backs looking at the stars.

"Whoah. Nice one, Simba." Timon says.

"Thanks..." Says Simba who's feeling proud of himself. "Man, I'm stuffed."

"Me too. I ate like a pig!" Pumbaa states.

Simba looks over at him. "Pumbaa-- you are a pig."

Pumbaa chuckles. "Oh. Right."

All three sigh deeply, in unison.

Pumbaa looks up at the sky. "Timon?"

"Yeah?" Timon asks.

"Ever wonder what those sparkly dots are up there?" Pumbaa questions.

"Pumbaa. I don't wonder; I know." Says Timon.

Pumbaa looks at his feet. "Oh! ...What are they?"

"They're fireflies. Fireflies that uh... got stuck up on that big... bluish-black... thing." Timon answers.

Pumbaa opens is mouth wide. "Oh. Gee. I always thought that they were balls of gas burning billions of miles away."

Timon chuckles. "Pumbaa, wit' you, everything's gas."

Pumbaa then looks at Simba. "Simba, what do you think?"

Simba makes a face, wondering if he should tell his friends about what his father told him about the great Kings of the past. "Well, I don't know..."

"Aw come on. Give, give, give .. Well, come on, Simba, we told you ours... pleeeease?" Pumbaa hassles.

"Come on, come on... give, give.." Timon joins in.

"Well, somebody once told me that the great kings of the past are up there; watching over us." Simba answers reluctantly.

Pumbaa awed, either genuinely or mockingly. "Really?"

"You mean a bunch of royal dead guys are watching us?" Timon breaks out laughing. Pumbaa joins in. Simba does half-heartedly.

Timon then said. "Who told you something like that? What mook made that up?"

Simba continues to pretend to laugh. "Yeah. Pretty dumb, huh?"

Timon keeps laughing. "Ah, you're killing me, Simba."

Simba looks back up at the stars. He quietly gets up and leaves.

Timon looks over to where Simba walked away. "Was it something I said?"

When away from Timon and Pumbaa, Simba walks out on a ledge. He looks up at the stars. He then collapses to lie on the edge of the ledge. Milkweed floss is stirred into the air by his flop. It blows across the desert, and after a long while, it reaches Rafiki's baobab tree, in the Pridelands. Rafiki's hand snatches some of it out of the air. He sniffs it, grunts, and bounds down into his tree.

He pours the milkweed into a bowl, sifts it around, humming, and then eats from the same kind of fruit he anointed Simba with

He pours the milkweed into a bowl, sifts it around, humming, and then eats from the same kind of fruit he anointed Simba with. Examining the milkweed floss again, realization dawns on his face.

"Simba? He's- he's alive? He he- He's alive!!" He laughs.

Rafiki grabs his staff. Laughing in delight, he picks up some paint and puts a mane around the smeared lion on the wall.

"It is time!"

Rafiki decides that he should go to find Simba, first thing in the morning. He goes to sit up on the very top branch of his tree.

"Mufasa, why did you not tell me that Simba was alive until now?" He said looking up at the stars, talking to the great king.

The wind blows strongly, almost pushing Rafiki over.

"I see, you wanted him to grow up and to be strong enough to defeat Scar, before he would come back to the Pridelands." Rafiki rubs his chin. "Very smart thinking Mufasa." He Says then points at the sky."