In The Jungle

A/N
Above you will find the song 'In the Jungle'

Nobody's POV

Nala made her way across the Savanna. She did not know where she was headed, but for some strange reason, it felt like the right decision to just follow the way that the wind was blowing. She travelled through many grasslands, and then a huge desert.

Nala continued on her journey through the desert, until the ground suddenly felt cooler on her paws. She was finally in the grass again. She looked ahead and noticed a jungle, she couldn't wait any longer to get to somewhere that she could find water, so she began to run.

When she was almost there, her stomach began to rumble. She decided to try and hunt something first because she had not eaten in so long.

________________

Simba decided that it would be hilarious to prank his friends Timon and Pumbaa, because they had pulled a prank on him that morning.

Since Timon always makes comments or jokes about Simba eating him (which he would never do), Simba chose that it would be funny to pretend that he was going to eat his friends.

Once Simba was near Timon and Pumbaa, he was ready to pounce. He then remembered what his father had taught him when he was just a cub.

"Stay low to the ground." Simba whispered to himself. "Try not to make a sound." He reminded himself.

Once he had his eyes set on the target, that being Pumbaa and Timon of course, he jumped out of his hiding spot with a roar that he never knew he had in him.

"Aaaaaahhhh!!!" Timon and Pumbaa screeched, and began to run off.
The three continued to run for a while until Simba stopped and began to laugh.

"You guys are too easy to fool." Simba laughed.

"Not funny!" Timon shouted, pointing his finger on Simba's nose.

"Uh, no, it was extremely funny!" Simba Said while cracking up.

"You better watch your back." Timon states while rubbing his hands together to make it look like he was planing something, unforgivable.

"Simba?" Pumbaa asked.

"Yeah Pumbaa?" Simba Said.

"Why would you do this to us? I thought we were pals." Pumbaa questioned.

Simba laughed. "We are! I was just getting you guys back for what you did to me this morning." Simba said nonchalantly.

"Oh you mean when we planned to release Pumbaa's gas onto you?" Timon laughed. "No, no, that was hilarious! You better make it up to us big time."

"Yeah, we thought you were actually going to eat us!" Pumbaa stated.

"You guys know I would never do that." Said Simba. "I will always save you from any predator."

"Mmhhmm." Timon stroked his chin.

"Come on Timon, let's go, I'm so hungry." Pumbaa begged.

"Pumbaa, you just ate." Timon states.

"Please!"

"Alright you big cry baby!" Timon shouts, and the two walk away.

In the jungle, Pumbaa sings.
"Ohi'mbube
Ohi'mbube."

Timon joins in on the singing.
"In the jungle
The mighty jungle
The lion sleeps tonight."

Pumbaa turns to follow a large beetle.

Timon continues with the song.
"In the jungle
The mighty jungle
The lion sleeps to--"
"I can't hear ya, buddy, back me up!" Timon speaks.

Pumbaa has left, having followed the bug.

"A-weee-ee-ee-ee aa-Pum-ba-bum-ba-waaay..." Timon sings, then realizes that Pumbaa is not there anymore.
"A-Pumbaa? Pumbaa?" He says looking around for his warthog friend.

Pumbaa, following the bug is still humming the song. He stalks the bug to a log that is all the way out of the jungle. He hides behind a tree. When he tries to jump over the log he gets stuck momentarily and looks back when hearing something shuffle in the grass behind him.

"Timon?" He asks, thinking it was his friend the meerkat. He looks around, then shrugs. He jumps over the log. Pumbaa then studies the beetle getting ready to eat it, he licks his lips.

In the grasses, a pair of green eyes examine the warthog. A lioness gets ready to jump after her prey.

Pumbaa notice and begins to run for his life. "HYEEEEAAAHHH!!!!!"

The lioness, with teeth and claws bared, chases Pumbaa around at high speed.

Meanwhile, Timon hears his buddy cry in fear. "Pumbaa?"

Pumbaa runs near Timon and gets stuck under the root of a tree by trying to squeeze through.

Timon shouts to his friend. "Pumbaa! Pumbaa! Hey, what's going on?"

Pumbaa, terrified, shouts in Timon's face. "SHE'S GONNA EAT ME!!"

"Huh?" Timon gets up on the branch and sees the lioness, who's ready to kill, charging towards them. He gets down and tries to help push Pumbaa out from under the root.

Timon sees the lioness. "Whoah!! ... Jeez! Why do I always have to save your AAAAAA!!" He screams, noticing the lioness was about to close on Pumbaa and he was in the line of attack.