Qué Pasa?

Rafiki

"So do you two plan on keeping this cub as your own?" I questioned Tama and Malka who have come to visit my tree, with a young cub.

I knew who's child it was. I could faintly smell the scent of Zira, but the father, I am not so sure of. I do not plan on telling them who's cub it is. I have been told the future. My good friend and a great king of the past, Mufasa, has  recently shown me what the destiny of the Pridelands is. I must leave after I have finished dealing with these two, so that I can go and speak to Simba.

"If there is no one else to claim him then I think it's best that we look after him." Malka,
the lion with a black and brown mane, light cream fur, and green eyes, said. "And I think that Tama would make an excellent mother."

I looked over at a blushing Tama, a lioness with tan coloured fur, a small tuft of hair the same colour on the top of her head. "This is actually a very convenient time for me, since I'll be able to feed the cub."

"What do you mean?" Malka asked

"Hahaha! You did not know?" I questioned.

"I haven't told him yet." She answered. "And how did you know, Rafiki?" She asked me.

I chuckled. "Rafiki knows everything!" I said.

Malka just stood there, with a confused expression. "Can someone please tell me what is going on here?"

"Your mate Tama over here, is having a cub!" I answered.

"What?"

Tama nodded.

"This is marvellous!" Malka said enthusiastically. "What should we name it?"

"Woah, woah, woah, hold on a moment." Tama said with laughter. "First we need to decide what we are naming this one." She said and nuzzled the little male cub that she had found.

"Hmmm..." Malka thought. "Hey, Rafiki, Maybe you could help us." He suggested.

"Yeah Rafiki! You're always so good at choosing names for cubs." Tama said.

I made my way over to the cub and picked him up. I looked at him for a moment, and then the perfect name appeared in my head.

"What about... Kito?" I asked. "It means; precious child."

"Kito, I love it!" Tama said excitedly. "What do you think Malka?"

"If you love it, then I love it." Malka answered.

_______________________________

Nobody's POV

Back at Pride Rock all the plants and trees appear to be dead. Zazu is in a cage made of some animal's ribcage. Scar is lying back on a rock picking his teeth with a bone.

Zazu begins to sing but not very enthusiastic. "Nobody knows
The trouble I've seen
Nobody knows
My sorrow..."
The song matching the way Zazu is feeling.

Scar stops picking at his teeth. "Oh Zazu, do lighten up." He tosses the bone at Zazu and it clatters against the cage. "Sing something with a little... bounce in it."

Zazu thinks a moment.
"It's a small world after all..."

Scar interrupts, almost shouting. "No! No. Anything but that!"

Zazu thinks, then holds up a feather as a tune comes to him.
"I've got a lovely bunch of coconuts
(diddely-dee-dee)
There they are a-standing in a row."

Scar is enjoying this and starts to join in.

Zazu and Scar both sing together. "Big ones, small ones, some as big as your head..."

While Scar continues to sing, Zazu sighs. "Oh... I would never have had to do this for Mufasa."

Scar, quick and angry, jumps up. "What? What did you say?"

"Oh, nothing!" Says Zazu frightened.

"You know the law: Never, ever mention that name in my presence. I ... am ... the king!" Scar shoves his muzzle between the ribs of Zazu's cage. His breath blows Zazu up against the wall.

"Yes, sire. You are the king. I... I... Well, I only mentioned it to illustrate the differences in your royal managerial approaches." Zazu does a nervous laugh.

Banzai, Ed, and Shenzi walk into Scar's cave.

"Hey, Boss!" Banzai shouts.

"Oh, What is it this time?" Scar asks.

"We got a bone to pick with you." Banzai Says.

Shenzi turns to face Banzai. "I'll handle this." She turns back to Scar. "Scar, there's no food, no water."

Banzai the begins to talk again. "Yeah, it's dinner time, and we ain't got no stinkin' entrees."

Scar makes a helpless gesture. "It's the lionesses' job to do the hunting..."

"Yeah, but they won't go hunt." Banzai tells him.

"Oh... eat Zazu." Scar says

Zazu becomes nervous. "Oh, you wouldn't want me. I'd be so tough and gamey and- eewwgh!"

Scar chuckled. "Oh, Zazu, don't be ridiculous! All you need is a little garnish."

Banzai began mumbling to Shenzi. "I thought things were bad under Mufasa..."

"What did you say?" Scar Says quick and angry again.

Banzai begins to speak. "I said Muf--"

Shenzi is smiling at Scar and thwaps Banzai to remind him.

"...I said, uh ... "Qué pasa?"" Banzai says nervously.

"Good. Now get out." Scar says.

The hyenas start out but then pause.

"Mm...yeah, but-- we're still hungry." Banzai tells him.

"Out!" Scar shouts.

They run off, and Ed lets loose a crazy laugh.

"I wonder how Zira is going with the search." Scar said. "All I have loyal to me at the moment is the hyenas! Everyone else could never accept that I am a fantastic King!"

"True. Except for the last thing you said." Zazu comments.

Scar chuckled evilly. "Oohhh, are we getting a little sassy?"