Disgrace

Nobody's POV

It was a cold night in the cave that Scar and Zira lived in. Their cub would be born soon and Zira was excited to make Scar proud that she was going to have a healthy heir that will one day rule the Pridelands.

Zira began to pace inside the cave, she was having contractions.

Outside of Pride Rock was a large group of rogue lionesses who had come together to make their own Pride, and were looking for somewhere to stay. When they spotted a big pointy rock in the distance, they decided to investigate.

There was no leader for their 'pride', but that didn't mean they weren't looking for a leader. In fact the only reason they were still together was because they found it easier to hunt in large groups.

As they began to approach the large rock they could smell that this land was taken.

_____________

Scar's POV

It was night and I had just come back from a meeting with the hyenas, apparently they killed Sauda already, and were feasting on Dwala, Sauda's Grandmother who was trying to help her escape. It was truly a revolting sight to see them ripping apart the old lioness, but I couldn't really care less because she is the reason that little fur ball almost got away. Thankfully now that Sauda is dead, there is no threat and my heir will grow up, follow in my footsteps and he will become king one day.

I turned my head hearing many footsteps coming from behind. There was a large group of unfamiliar lionesses approaching Pride Rock.

I roared loudly and all of them stopped in their tracks. I made my way down to them and stopped right in front of them.

"What are you doing on my land?" I Asked baring my teeth at them. "Do you not know that I am King?!"

"So sorry King—- what is your name?" Said one of the lionesses.

"Scar!" I snapped at her.

"King Scar we do apologise for trespassing, but we're looking for a place to stay, we were hoping that you could let us live here." Said a different lioness.

I thought about it. We do need more lionesses for the hunting party because the hyenas are eating so much. Maybe these lionesses will respect me unlike all except Zira.
"Hmm...yes that would be quite alright. We do need more lionesses for the hunting party. But you will all need to follow my rules and there will be no leaving."

They all agreed and thanked me. For once I finally felt wanted by someone else who wasn't Zira, which I'm thankful for because she is way too clingy. I told them that they could sleep outside tonight, and we'll figure out sleeping arrangements tomorrow.

I made my way into the cave that I sleep in, sadly Zira sleeps in there too, but that will change when my heir grows old enough to be without his mother.

I was about to tell Zira the good news, that Sauda was finally dead, and that's when I heard a loud growl. I looked ahead to see that Zira was in pain.

"Scar! My water broke!" She cried.

"Oh my!" I said and rushed out to get some of the new lionesses to help her with the birth.

_________

Time passed and then two lionesses who I couldn't be bothered to know the names of, came out of the cave and told me it was okay to go in now.

I took a breath hoping that it was a boy.

I walked over to Zira. "I'm naming him Nuka." She stated.

"Him?" Oh thank goodness. I rushed over and looked at the cub she was holding in her arms, that's when I saw it. The most disgusting, sickly looking thing I had ever seen.

I growled and hit Zira across the face, causing the cub to fall to the ground.

"It's disgusting!" I yelled.

_______________________________

Zira's POV

I quickly jumped up to grab Nuka and make sure he was still alive, he was very fragile.

I must admit it, I was hurt that Scar didn't accept Nuka, but I could see what he was mad about. I had failed him.

"It's all your fault! You can't produce an able bodied cub, just look at it!" He said, anger evident in his eyes and voice.

"I agree with you Scar." Even though I thought that he could potentially be the reason for the cubs weakness instead of me. "But maybe we should just let him grow up and see if he can become the King we both want him to be.

"Look at it! How is it going to be a King?!"

______

A/N

Sorry for all the changing of point of views, I know it can be challenging to remember who's POV it is, I just thought before we have a time skip that we would see how Scar reacts to Nuka, and why Nuka is so unloved by his mother. I also wanted to include the group of lionesses that will one day be the ones that live in the Outlands with Zira because they were followers of Scar (You know, the ones in the movie The Lion King 2)

REMEMBER TO VOTE!!!