Future Leader

Nobody's POV

It was a new day in the Pridelands, Nuka was still resting at Zira's side when Scar walked in the cave.

"So you really think he doesn't have a chance?" Zira asks.

"Nuka will never be good enough for the throne you even said so yourself because you named him Nuka." Scar answered.

"Nuka means stink." Said Zira.

"I know that!" Scar snapped.

"So you are saying that if I have a cub who is strong enough to become king, then you will let him take the throne one day?" Zira questions.

"Yes." Scar answered.

______

Three weeks later...

Over in the hunting grounds was Sarabi and Sarafina, along with Nala and her friends, Kula, Tojo, Malka, Tama and Chumvi.

"Now...if the five of you want to be able to live through this terrible time, Sarabi and I will need to teach you how to hunt." Sarafina states. She begins to teach them the basic steps of hunting, since she has always been the lead huntress when she wasn't pregnant or looking after her cubs.

Nala picks up fast on hunting just like her mother Sarafina, and the generations above.

"Nala, you are doing an excellent job." Sarabi tells her. "I can see an excellent future for you as lead huntress one day.

Nala smiled, feeling proud of herself. "I'm ready to try something harder."

"Well Nala, since you are doing so well, you can work on your own." Sarafina says, sending her daughter a wink. "Kula, Chumvi, you two can work together. And that leaves Tama and Malka to work together."

"Ew... boy cooties." Kula and Tama both day at the same time and scrunch up their faces at the thought.

"Why can't Tama and I work together?" Kula asks.

"Because this way it's even, those boys need a little help, don't you think?" Sarabi whispers to the girls with a slight smile on her face.

"Hey I don't have anyone to work with." Tojo said finally paying attention to the group because he was too busy playing with some birds.

"Maybe you should sit out for today's lesson, because you weren't paying attention to the first instructions." Sarafina says. "But only if that is alright with you." She adds.

"Yeah Tojo you can start your hunting lessons tomorrow." Sarabi says.

Tojo agreed then continued to play with the birds.

The hunting lessons were almost over after two hours. The girls finally got to work together, but Nala chose to keep working on her own because she wanted to improve her skills the most.

"All right young ones, I think that's enough lessons for today. We will continue tomorrow and long after that until we think you are able to survive on your own, because just maybe one day that might happen. You never know what will happen next around here, everything is all a little crazy at the moment. Let's hope it doesn't stay that way forever." Sarabi tells the group.

__________

A/N
Woohoo I've updated two days in a row.
You're welcome 😉

VOTE & COMMENT