A Princess

Nala's POV

The sun rises over the mountains and I quickly run out of the cave. I stand at the edge of Pride Rock and feel a small gust of wind. I look at the view noticing the lands light up, I see the border of the Pridelands and think about my father. I haven't seen him in so long.

It is now getting so close to my mother giving birth to my new brother or sister. I don't really mind if it's a boy or a girl, all I know is that I am going to be the best big sister in the world.

My Mommy's best friend, Sarabi is about to have her cub any day now, and I'm going to try and be a big sister figure to it because he or she won't have an older sibling to look up to.

I feel a tear roll down my cheek, but I quickly wipe it away with my paw. I HAVE to stay strong.

I hear paw steps come up behind me, I turn around to see Sarabi.

"Good morning Nala. What are you doing up so early?"

"The sun woke me up."

She chuckled. "Of course it did."

"Why are you up so early Sarabi?" I ask.

"Well I couldn't sleep. The cub kept kicking, so I thought I would have an early start today."

"When do you think you're going to give birth to your cub?"

"Any day now." She smiled looking down at me.

There was silence for a moment until I thought of something to say.
"I would like for you to know that I am going to try and be a big sister figure to your cub, and teach it everything I know." I stand up straight with courage.

Her eyes started to water and I knew who she was thinking about.
"Thank you my dear." She gave me a head bud.
As soon as that happened I noticed a small puddle of water appear.

"Umm, Sarabi, what's that?" I ask referring to the liquid that had just come out of her.

She looks down. "Oh my!"

"What's wrong?"

"Oh nothings wrong lovely, but I need you to go and get your mother. Tell her I'm going into labour!"

I quickly ran as fast as I could back into the cave and found my mom still resting. I nudged her awake and her eye fluttered open. "Mom!"

"What is it baby?" She asked while yawning.

"It's Sarabi! She's going into labour!"

Mother was now completely awake. "Alright, I have a very important job for you to do! I need for you to go and find Zazu and tell him to get Rafiki as fast as he can! After that, find Sarabi's mother Dwala and tell her what's happening."

I nodded.

"Got it?" She asked.

"Got it!" I said and rushed to find Zazu. Thankfully Zazu is always up early and I found him straight away.

He noticed me coming. "What's wrong young Nala? You seem quite worried indeed."

"I need you to go and get Rafiki and tell him that Sarabi is going to give birth!"

He gasped. "Absolutely, I will do that straight away!" And with that he flew off.

I then ran back to the cave and found Dwala and a group of other lionesses gossiping.

"Dwala!" I yelled. "Quick Sarabi is in labour!"

All the lionesses gasped.

"Is that what all the loud noises were about?" Dwala asked.