❇Chapter 25

Shahrukh!

What are you doing?

Come here!

The mother ran after her mischievous 2yr old son. His small legs ran swiftly. He was able to bypass her. She opened the curtains and carried him.

You are a very naughty boy.
~~~ She said.

The two-year-old laughed.

Too naughty. Give your sister her dupatta back.
~~~ the mother said.

They entered the room.

Mama mama
~~~ the little girl wiped her tears.

Shahi don't cry. You're my big girl. Shahrukh apologize.
~~~ the mother said.

I'm sowi.
~~~ the little boy said and hugged his sister.

Dr Juhi, we are getting late.
~~~ her assistant came in.

Juhi: I know. These two siblings were fighting.
Maya: I will take care of them don't worry.
Juhi: Let me do my make up.
She pecks her children's cheeks.

~~~~~~

You must be wondering what happened. I will tell you. It's been two years since I moved to Manchester. I have my private practice now. I'm going to do the opening party today.

Well, moving on, I found out that I was pregnant that night. I didn't know how everyone would take it. Anjali hated me. And he, I couldn't tell him. I worked for the NHS and during that time I started planning to open a private practice.

Shahi Practice.

I won't lie to you. I miss him. I have no idea what he might be going through. But I had to leave.

~~~~~~~

"Vardhan I will kill you if you ever touch me again." Anjali squeezed his hands as she pushed.

Vardhan: I'm sorry baby. Just push.
Doctor: Mrs Makhija you are doing well. I can see the baby's head.

~~~~~~~

6hours later- 4am.

He got out of his Rolls-Royce in style. He had been called that his grandchild would be born today. He hadn't seen Anjali since she got married to Vardhan a year ago. He flew from Bangkok. The traffic from the airport was horrible.

He rushed but as he reaches the door of Sanjivani, everything that happened 2years ago flashed before his eyes. He took a step back.

No, I can't go in.

Nurse Philo: Sir, Anjali needs your support.
Shashank: I swore to never enter this hospital again.
Nurse Philo: Your granddaughter would want to see your face.

Shashank: She has her parents beside her.
Nurse Philo: She still needs you.
Shashank: I will wait here. Tell them to come or send me a picture.