✳Chapter 2

Juhi was contemplating calling Dr Shashank. She took her mind off it and continued her day's work. She prepared the clothes she was going to wear to the hospital tomorrow.

She was finally done arranging her apartment. She looked at it and sighed. She went to sleep at 6 pm cause she has a busy day the next day.

The next day,
Anjali was talking to Shashank during breakfast.
Anjali: Dad, I need a leave for one week.
Shashank: Where are you going to?
Anjali: I am going to Pune to spend time with Juhi.
Shashank: Oh nice.

Anjali: Oh nice, is that all you will say?
Shashank: What do you want me to say?
Anjali: What is wrong with you and Juhi? Your teacher and student relationship with Juhi should not be as bad as this.
She left angry.
Shashank: Only if you knew that she is more than a student to me.

He got up from his chair at the dining table. He goes to meet Anjali in her room. She was putting on her makeup.

Anjali: Dad.
Shashank: Are you still angry?
Anjali: It does not matter.
Shashank: I will reach out to Juhi this weekend.
Anjali: Okay, thank you. I have to pack for my trip after work today.
Shashank: Enjoy.

They went to Sanjivani to work. Shashank was performing surgery today. He noticed that he was drowsy and his eyesight was blurry. When he finished the surgery he asked Asha to close up( sew the skin back together).

He was very concerned and he called Nurse Philo.

Shashank: Please, I want you to take my blood pressure and blood sugar test.
Nurse Philo: Why?
Shashank: I was drowsy in surgery and my vision was blurry.
Nurse Philo: Okay, I think you should take a more comprehensive test.
Shashank: I think it is just stress from the job.

Nurse Philo takes the test and the results say that his blood pressure is a little above normal. He just thought that was the reason he felt different.

Vardhan went to Anjali's office. She was listening to classical music. He entered and just smiled. Her eyes were closed and she was enjoying the music.

Vardhan: I didn't see you as a classical music type of person.
Anjali opened her eyes and smiled. She stopped the music.
Anjali: I only do that when I am stressed.
Vardhan: Do you want to go out for dinner together?

Anjali: I have to sleep early cause I am leaving the city tomorrow. Vardhan: Oh wow!
Anjali: I am going to meet my bestie in Pune. We can have lunch though. Vardhan: I will see you when it is lunchtime.

He smiled and left the office. Anjali did a happy dance in the office. Vardhan just had a big smile when he left. Dr Siddhant sees this and goes to Shashank.

Shashank was reviewing some papers. Siddhant entered and closed the door.
Dr Shashank: Hey.
Dr Siddhant: I have to tell you something important.
He sat down.

Dr Shashank: What is it? Do we have a medical emergency?
Dr Siddhant: What I am about to tell you do not tell anyone? I do not want my sources to be revealed.

Dr Shashank just chuckled and shakes his head. Siddhant was a really silly but professional doctor. He was also a big fat gossip.

Dr Shashank: I will not say anything.
Dr Siddhant: I have been observing Vardhan and Anjali for a while now.
Dr Shashank: I have also noticed their friendship.

Dr Siddhant: What do you mean by friendship? I am talking about likeness.
Dr Shashank: My daughter likes Vardhan?
Dr Siddhant: Yes she does.
Dr Shashank: Thanks for the information.

Dr Ishani bumped into Dr Siddhant when he left Shashank's office.
Dr Ishani: Hey watch where you are going?
Dr Siddhant: Ahh, I am sorry I was distracted.
Dr Ishani: What made you distracted?
Dr Siddhant: I had to tell Shashank about what is happening under his nose.
Ishani was worried.

Dr Ishani: What is going on?
Dr Siddhant: Anjali likes Vardhan.
Ishani started to laugh. She thought it was something to be worried about.
Dr Ishani: You are a real gossip. What is your business?
Dr Siddhant: I just had to tell Dr Shashank. We have to start planning for a wedding.
Ishani shakes her head and pulls him to have lunch before their next surgery.

Shashank thinks for a while and goes to Anjali's office. He was told by the receptionist that Anjali had gone out with Vardhan.

He decided to call her but he was in rushing and he dialled the wrong number. He did not let the other person speak.

Anjali Shashank Gupta!! Why did you not tell me that you are in love? Off all people that mosquito head Vardhan. How will my grandchildren look, like that mosquito? See find someone else or I will get a matchmaker.

He said and was breathing heavily. The other person on the line was laughing hysterically. The laughter seemed familiar but he was not too sure cause it has been 12 years since he heard that.

Well, you called the wrong person but you cannot tell your 35year old daughter what to do with her life.- the woman said.

J-Juhi- Shashank said. He took the phone away from his ears and saw the number. He dialled wrongly.

It is me, Doctor Juhi Singh speaking. It has been a while.- She says.

It has been years. Congratulations on every single thing.- He tells her.

Thank you so much. I have you to thank for being a wonderful teacher.- She says.

You are welcome. I have to go for surgery I will call you later.- He dropped the call before she could say bye.

He dropped the call and breath out loud.

I did not know how much I missed that laughter and voice until I heard it again.

He wanted to leap for joy but he controlled himself.

Juhi on the other hand. She just laughed at Dr Shashank's outburst. She could not wait to talk to Anjali about Shashank and Vardhan. Just then a text came from Anjali.

Anjali: I am coming to Pune tomorrow.
Juhi: Oh I cannot wait.
Anjali: I am so excited.
Juhi: Does your dad know about Vardhan?
She changed the topic.

Anjali: No, why are you asking?
Juhi: He mistakenly called me and he was lashing.
Anjali: Uhh, f*ck I know who could have told him.
Juhi: I have to go for my fourth surgery now.
Anjali: Bye babe.
Juhi: 🤍❤

Juhi went for her fourth surgery. Anjali entered Sanjivani and went to meet Siddhant. She pulled him by the ear to her office. The residents were laughing at him.

Anjali: What is your problem?
Siddhant: What did I do?
Anjali: Why did you tell my dad about Vardhan?
Siddhant: Oh so you do like him!!
Anjali: It is not your business.
She was hitting him. He ran away to Shashank and was using him as cover.

Siddhant: Tell her to leave him.
Anjali: Move away dad, I will hit him for meddling in my life.
Nurse Philo: Why are you acting like children? Go back to work!

They both sucked their teeth and left. Siddhantstuckk his tongue out at Anjali. She jumped and messed his hair then ran away.

🔸️This is the second chapter.
🔸️Did you enjoy it?

🔸️What do think about our little gossip, Siddhant?

🔸️Vardhan and Anjali? Your thoughts...

Like always vote, comment and recommend 💋😍💃...