✳Chapter 11

In the operation theatre, everyone took a moment of silence to pray for Shashank's well being. After that, the operation commenced and Juhi cut open his cranium.

Juhi: We have to be very delicate.
After 9 hours of surgery, they were able to successfully remove the tumour. Dr Raghav sews Shashank's head back. Asha took him back to the Intensive Care Unit.

Dr Juhi took a shower after the surgery. She got something to eat and then went to see Shashank.
Nurse Philo: His vital signs are good.
Dr Juhi: We have to wake for him to wake up. It was a stressful surgery.
Dr Asha: How long do you think that would take?
Dr Juhi: The surgery was successful so less than a week. I just pray nothing else goes wrong.

Nurse Philo: It will all be fine.
Nurse Philo took Dr Asha away from the room. Juhi sat beside Shashank on the bed.
Dr Juhi: Hey, please wake up soon. Do not make me miss you too much.
She kissed his cheeks and left.

Anjali went to see Juhi. They talked about the surgery. About how it went and the possible complications.

Six Days Later,
No one was admitting it but they were all starting to get scared. Dr Shashank was showing improvements but he was not just waking up.

Juhi was frustrated mentally with everything that was going on. She came into his room again to check him. She opened the bandage on his head. She saw that the path they had sown was almost completely healed. This made her smile.

She sat down to talk to him like she had been doing for the past 6days. She took his hands into her and kissed it.
Juhi: Hey, it is officially the sixth day. When are you going to wake up? I have been missing you. I will punch you if you do not wake up. Shashank, I--I l-love you! Please wake up.
She kissed his cheeks.

She got up to leave but he pulled her back. Juhi was shocked and she turned to see him.
Juhi: Are you awake?
Shashank: N--no, I-I am dead.
They both laughed. She checked his vitals and also check if he could feel senses on his legs.

Juhi sat on the bed and was looking at him. " Why are you staring? I know I am bald." Shashank says. " It is not that. I am just happy that you are awake." Juhu says. Shashank was about to talk but suddenly his hospital room was filled with people.

Juhi just slipped away from the room. She looked at him before she left. They smiled at each other. Everyone, stayed in Shashank's room greeting him.

Dr Siddhannt: Why did you take six whole days to wake up?
Dr Shashank: I needed a filmy entrance.
Dr Anjali: Dad, I am so happy that you are awake.
Shashank kissed her forehead.
Vardhan: I cannot wait for you to be upon your feet.
Dr Shashank: I cannot wait to start troubling you again.
They all laughed.

Dr Ishani: It is all thanks to Dr Juhi that you are back with us.
Dr Asha: At some point,  Dr Raghav and I were discouraged.
Dr Raghav: She kept on encouraging us.
Dr Shashank: Juhi is a gem of a woman.
Dr Anjali: She is a spectacular doctor. She has agreed to be our new chief of surgery.
They were all talking with excitement.

Dr Ishani: We should leave Doctor Shashank to rest.
Dr Siddhant: I agree everybody today dinner is on me.
They all left the room excited. Dr Anjali and Nurse Philo were still there.
Anjali: Recover fast okay. I missed you so much.

She cries with her head on his laps. Shashank runs his hand in her hair.
Dr Shashank: Princess, I still have to see you get married to the monkey.
Anjali hits his legs.
Anjali: Do not call my prince a monkey.
Nurse Philo: See love talking.
Anjali runs out of the room blushing.

Nurse Philo: She is just like her father.
Dr Shashank: What did I do?
Nurse Philo: Even in your unconscious state you were dragging Juhi to yourself.
Dr Shashank: I heard her but I just could not wake up.
Nurse Philo: She cares about you a lot.

Dr Shashank: No, she loves me. Just the way I love her.
Nurse Philo: Finally, one of you has realized it.
She sighed.
Dr Shashank: You knew?
He was surprised.
Nurse Philo: I have known for a long time.
Dr Shashank: Why did you not tell me?

Nurse Philo: How would the love story be interesting?
Dr Shashank: Ahh true, I have to romance her like S.R.K.
Nurse Philo: S.R.K never romances women when he was bald.
Shashank gasped and Nurse Philo laughed. She left him to sleep.

Juhi was attending to other patients. She had to also authorise some things. When she was done it was 6 in the evening. She went to get dinner.
Everyone was having Chinese food that Siddhant had ordered.

Juhi went to sit with Doctor Ishani, Anjali, Asha and Nurse Philo.
Dr Ishani: I knew you do not like Chinese food. So I ordered you something else.
Dr Anjali: This girl has a big obsession with you.
Dr Juhi: I wish men had that same obsession with me.
They all laughed.

Nurse Philo: There might be someone but you have not recognized him.
Dr Ishani: You are a beautiful and successful woman. Why do you have a problem with men?
Dr Anjali: Since Juhi got divorced she became prude and boring. We have male friends who are crazy about her.
The women were involved in a discussion as they were eating

Dr Asha: I think that sometimes a woman does not just see who is crazy about them.
Dr Anjali: For example, Siddhant likes Ishani.
Ishani spits out the drink she was taking.
Dr Ishani: What? Me and him never?
Dr Juhi: I have seen the eye locks and the shyness. You like each other.
Nurse Philo: He is looking at you now.
Ishani looked at Siddhannt's table and he was looking at her.

Dr Ishani: Oh my, he was looking at me.
Dr Asha: Yeah, we know that.
Juhi got a call and she got up to take it. She finished the call and went to Shashank's room. He was already moved to a ward.

Shashank was eating food in a delivery pack.
Dr Juhi: This is not hospital food.
Dr Shashank: I know but hospital food is bad.
Dr Juhi: As your doctor, I should not let you eat it.
Dr Shashank: I am your boss so you have too.
Dr Juhi: Touché, how are you?
Dr Shashank: I am perfect now that you are here.

He cleared his delivery back away and wiped his mouth. Juhi sat on the bed. Their hands were intertwined.
Dr Shashank: Do you love me so much?
Dr Juhi: What?
Dr Shashank: You came every day to check up on me. You were talking to him. Do you love me so much?

Dr Juhi: Umm, you are my teacher and I respect you.
Dr Shashank: Juhi, I heard you confess love to me in my unconscious state.
Dr Juhi: It must have been the medicine. I did not do that.
She lied through her teeth.

Dr Shashank: I love you.
Juhi separated her hands from his. - I have loved you for a long time.
Dr Juhi: What are you saying?
Dr Shashank: I am saying what is in my heart. You say what is in yours.
Dr Juhi: I think they must have given you a high dosage of your medication.

Dr Shashank pulled her close to him. He smashed his lips on hers. Her eyes were wide open. She could not believe what had just happened. She separated from him before he could take things further. She ran to her office breathing heavily.

He loves me! Did he just say he loves me? F*ck, he just kissed you dammit.

He loves you!!

She touched her lips and just blushed.

🔷️I hope you loved the chapter.

🔸️Tell me what you think about it.

Like always vote, comment and recommend 💋😍💃...