✳Chapter 9

Previously on Never Too Late,

All of a sudden Shashank woke up from his dream in the morning. He found himself in the hospital bed. Juhi did not go back inside Sanjivani that night. Nurse Philo took her to Shashank's house. So Juhi and Shashank have not yet actually spoken( all a dream).

Shashank texted Anjali.

No matter what I will always be there for you. Do not come here crying today. Take care of Juhi. Tell her to see me today. 

He texted Juhi.

I am sorry for sending you out of Sanjivani without reason. You are an exceptional student and woman. I love you. Come see your dying teacher today🥺.

*************
Unedited......

Anjali and Juhi woke up early. They wanted to see Doctor Shashank very early cause they saw his message. Juhi was feeling a little lost. She had just realised that she had feelings for her teacher when she spoke to Philo. She did not know how to handle that emotion.

One thing, she knew what she wanted to hide that feeling. She would never let anyone especially Doctor Shashank find out. She knew that he only saw her as a student. At least that is what she thinks.

Meanwhile, Doctor Shashank stood up from his bed. He wanted to shower so he could look presentable. He was going to comb and style his hair. So that even though he was dying. He could look dashing in Juhi's eyes.

Nurse Philo was consumed with keeping the secret of both of them unknown love to each other. She did not know if to reveal it. Wouldn't they be happy to know? Yet she thought to herself that they should confess their love for each other. It would make it stronger. She made up her mind to push both of them to express their feeling.

Shashank's House.
Juhi: Anjali!! Why are you wasting time?
Anjali: I was not done dressing.
Juhi: That is a lie. You just want to look sexy for your boyfriend.
Anjali: Whatever! Can we go now?
They went to the car and Juhi was driving.

Anjali: Now, that you are going to be in Mumbai for a while.
Juhi: Once, Dr Shashank is better I am leaving.
Anjali: Why don't you move here?
Juhi: No, my brother is still in Pune.
Anjali: He is a grown man with two children.
Juhi: I am not changing my mind.

Anjali: My dad is dying and my best friend wants to leave.
She started to fake cry.
Juhi: I am not going to fall for that. We all know you can make water come out of your eyes.
Anjali: I am never going to talk to you!
She turned facing her side of the window.

Juhi shook her head.
Juhi: Anjy my love look at me na.
Anjali: *was silent*
Juhi: My best friend in the whole wide world.
Anjali: *silence*
Juhi kept trying to cajole her but nothing worked. Juhi parked the car. Anjali came down and left her. Juhi took her things and was running after her.

They both entered Sanjivani. They dropped their things in Anjali's office. They went to see Shashank. He was in the bed reading a book.
Anjali: Dad, you look so hot. Who are you trying to impress?
Shashank: Our favourite Dr Juhi. I thought she did not want to see me yesterday because I was looking ugly.
Juhi: Do not say that Dr Shashank! How are you doing?

Shashank: I am better now that you are here.
He took her hand into his and kissed it.
Anjali: Stop flirting with her cause she is annoying me!
She rolled her eyes.

Juhi: I want to do a quick examination.
Shashank: What happened between you two?
Anjali: Ask her. She caused it.
Juhi: Let us do your examination. Anjali is being childish.
Anjali: Hey, do not say I am childish!

Shashank: Both of you are acting like kids. Tell me what happened.
Anjali told him about their fight in the car.
Shashank: Anjali, you cannot ask your friend to move her whole life to another city and get angry. You have to ease your way in and convince her.

Anjali: Makes sense.
Shashank: Juhi, you have to understand where Anjali is coming from. She always has to make trips just to be able to see you.
Anjali: She does not even like coming to Mumbai.
Shashank gave Anjali eyes so she could shut up.

Juhi: You are right like always Dr Shashank. I am sorry Anjali. I can't move here cause I still have my job in Pune.
Anjali: Yeah, where you see your ex-husband and are tortured by it.
Shashank: I will hire you as chief of surgery of Sanjivani.
Juhi: That is your post.
Shashank: We are not sure I will make it.

Juhi covered his mouth with her hand. She was very close to him and could hear his heartbeat.
Juhi: Do not say that! I will do everything I can to save you.
Anjali: God will do the rest.
Juhi separated from Shashank.
Shashank: Think about it Juhi, I will give you a permanent job.
Juhi: I will do that.

Anjali left them alone for the examination. Juhi shared her idea of how the surgery should go. Shashank told her alternative ways to go about it. In case something came up and they were hit with vital nerves.
Juhi: We will go to surgery in two days.
Shashank: It is well.
Juhi: I have to go now.
She smiled at him and turned to leave the bed. He held her hands.

Shashank: I am sorry for firing you from Sanjivani.
Juhi: I am sure I screwed up or something.
Shashank: You are perfect!
Nurse Philo: He and Rahul just made a stupid mistake.
Juhi: What does my ex have to do with this?
Shashank: I think you should ask him.
Nurse Philo: Rahul is not here so you answer.

Shashank: Rahul, came to my office and told me that many rumours were going on about us. He said people in the hospital thought we were having a relationship or that we were good for each other. He wanted that to stop because you and he were going to get married.

Juhi: So he asked you to fire me. That is just like him. What I do not get is why you would listen to that fool?
Shashank: I wanted you to have a good marriage.
Juhi: Do I look like I had one!
Nurse Philo: Calm down.
Shashank: Let her express herself.

Juhi: I am not mad at you. It just makes me upset that I avoided coming back here or seeing you for 12years because I thought I did something wrong.
Shashank: I am sorry.
Juhi: Oh you should be! It is fine because you did it out of your love for me.
She carried her bags and left.

Nurse Philo: Do you not feel better now?
Shashank: I do.

🔸️Tell me your thoughts on the fight between the women. Shashank telling Juhi the partial truth of why he fired her.

🔸️JustShould Philo have kept quiet about the reason for Juhi being fired?

🔸️Just say anything. 

Like always vote,  comment and recommend 💋😍💃
..