✳Chapter 10

This is the song that helped me to write. Listen to it if you want or just ignore❤💜.
********

Juhi goes to Anjali's office to talk to her. When she got there Anjali was talking to a nurse about the care for one of her patients that had just given birth.

Juhi: Can we talk?
Anjali: Yes, the nurse and I are done.
The nurse left them alone.
Juhi: Dr Shashank just told me why he fired me.
Anjali: Oh okay, what was the reason?
Juhi: It was Rahul.
Anjali: What did Rahul do?
Juhi: Apparently, he told your dad to fire me because of rumours.

Anjali: What rumours?
Juhi: There was a time in Sanjivani that people were saying that Shashani and I would make a good couple.
Anjali burst out laughing.
Anjali: That is not possible in any way.
Juhi: Dr Shashank fired me so I could have a happy marriage.
Anjali: But now you are divorced.
Juhi: Exactly it was just a waste.
Anjali: Will you take the job he is offering you?

Juhi: You know what I will. I will move to Mumbai.
Anjali squealed and hugged Juhi.
Anjali: I am so happy.
Juhi: We have to look for a house for me.
Anjali: You can stay with my dad and me.
Juhi: No way, that is not possible.

Anjali: You will live with us!
Juhi: I have to quickly discuss the plan for your dad's surgery with the resident doctors.
Anjali: Okay dear.
Juhi leaves the office and goes to meet Dr Raghav that diagnosed Shashank. She was going to use Dr Raghav and Asha in the surgery as assistance.

The three of them gathered in Dr Shashank office to talk about the procedure. They were all clear on what needed to be done. Dr Asha went to explain to Dr Shashank what he needs to do and not do pre-surgery.

The surgery would be holding the next day. They took Doctor Shashank for some last-minute tests. He was exhausted after all of the tests. He ate and slept off.

Juhi came to see him in the evening. She brushed his hair to the side. " I am going to hate myself for shaving this off," she says touching his hair. Dr Shashank turns and opens his eyes. She smiled at him. " How are you?" Shashank asks. " I should be asking you that," Juhi says. " I am dying but how are you?" Shashank asks.

" I am good and also you are not going to die." Juhi helps him sit well. He made a space for her to sit on the bed. He held her hand close to his chest.

Shashank: You hear this heartbeat.
Juhi: Yeah.
Shashank: It could be one of my last heartbeats or it could be the beats to another renewed life.
Juhi: I am not going to let you die. Stop talking like this.
She grabbed his clothes on his chest.
Juhi: If you say anything about dying then I will slap you hard.
She was crying.

Shashank hugged her tight. Her head was in between his neck. The tears were coming like a river that was just freed to flow. They were not only crying about the tumour. It was something deeper. It had to do with the years they had spent apart. Not being able to confess their love for each other cause they were scared.

Shashank pat Juhi's back and told her to stop crying. She lifted her head from his neck. Their face was still close to each other. He cleaned her tears and she did so to him too. Juhi ran her hands through his hair.

Shashank: It will grow back.
Juhi: It will never be the same.
She smiled. Shashank let her hair fall by removing her hair clip. It fell on her shoulders. He took his hands in her smooth silky dark hair.
Shashank: You also have lovely hair.
Juhi: Yours is better.
Shashank: No, yours is better.
They started to argue about whose hair was healthier. They talked about their hair routine. It was a weird conversation but it was all love.

Juhi was sitting very close to Shashank. They were just in another world. Nothing seemed wrong or weird to them. They were hugging each other again. Shashank kissed her cheeks a lot of time. She just smiled and blushed. The door opened and they separated.

Juhi: Dr Raghav will shave your head tomorrow.
Shashank: Oh okay.
Nurse Philo was the one who walked in. She just smiled. She had been observing them from the small window. She was happy they were getting closer.

Nurse Philo: Dr Juhi you have to rest for tomorrow.
Juhu got off the bed.
Juhi: Thank you. Good night.
She took her things and left.
Nurse Philo: You can keep on grinning.
Shashank: I did not do anything.
Nurse Philo: I was looking at your Sharukh Khan stunt from the window.
Shashank: No one is like SRK.

Nurse Philo: Hmm, you are right. SRK would have done something and made her fall in his arms already.
Shashank: Did you not see her hugging me?
Nurse Philo: So you admit that something was happening.

Shashank: No, she was just being concerned.
Nurse Philo: I am sure she hugs all her patients like that.
Shashank: I am going to sleep.
Nurse Philo: You should.
She left him laying comfortable on the hospital bed.

Meanwhile, Vardhan saw Juhi outside Sanjivani. He went to meet her.
Dr Juhi: What's up? Where is your girlfriend?
Vardhan: I am doing fine. Did you not get Anjali's message?
Dr Juhi: No, what is it.
Vardhan: She has to go for surgery in another hospital across town. She took the care.

Dr Juhi: Oh Lord, how do I get home?
Vardhan: I will drive you.
Dr Juhi: You are sure.
Vardhan: Yes, I am sure she would be home. I want to see her.
Juhi smiled.
Dr Juhi: You are a lover boy. It is so cute.

Vardhan drove Juhi home and Anjali was there. She ran to hug Vardhan. He went with her to her room to chat. Juhi did not want to feel like a third wheel so she went to the study.

She saw Shashank's collection of books about Neurology. She was fascinated by it. She had also started collecting books. He had a lot of antique books. She brought out two that she would love to read. She also stumbled upon some books that had the names of other residents of Sanjivani.

The first one she pulled out was about Rahul. Dr Shashank had written that he is too proud and forward. Juhi laughed cause it was the truth. She was curious to read hers. She checked around but it was not there. He had arranged everything alphabetically. The space for her book was missing. The book is in Shashank's room.

She needed to sleep well so she made herself a salad. She bath and went to sleep.

The next day,
The nerves were strong. Everyone in the house did a prayer. The workers and patients in Sanjivani did the same. Juhi was in her office going over the procedure with Dr Asha. Dr Raghav had gone to shave Shashank's hair.

Dr Asha: We should go to see Dr Shashank now.
Dr Juhi: You are right.
They went to his room. Dr Shashank was making a fuss about his hair. He tired his head with a dupatta.
Dr Shashank: I cannot let anyone look at me like this.
Dr Anjali: You need to take it off at some point.
Dr Siddhant: He looks so bad.
Shashank hit Siddhant on his shoulders.
Dr Juhi: Dr Shashank, we have to take you to the Operation Theatre now.

Dr Shashank: I want to talk to you alone for some time.
They left him with Juhi.
Dr Shashank: I want to give you some instructions; do not laugh when you see my shaved head, do not panic if anything goes wrong, take a deep breath, take a picture of how my tumour looks.
Dr Juhi: Is that all?
Dr Shashank: I love you.
Dr Juhi was speechless. She did not know what type of love he meant. Or rather, she did not want to believe.

Before, she could respond Ishani came with a wheelchair. Shashank sat down and was talking to the O.T. Juhi stood there for a second. I love you keep on ringing in her ear. What did he mean by that? She was not sure. She just said it back to the walls of the hospital room.

I love you too.

She hit herself in the head and ran to the O.T. She scrubbed in for the surgery.

Vardhan hugged Anjali who was crying in her office. He comforted her by saying sweet words. She turned and kiss him. She hugged him and said thanks. They prayed for Shashank together.

Dr Siddhant and Ishani sat down together and also prayed. They also hugged each other. Siddhant kissed Ishani's head.

🔷️I hope you enjoyed this.

🔸️ Shahi romance has started a little. What do you think?

Like always vote, comment and recommend 💋😍💃...