✳Chapter 29

Three Months Later. 

Anjali's daughter had recovered from the surgery. They were going back to India tonight. During that time, Juhi found an investor and a partner to run her hospital. She planned to go back home to India. Anjali was very happy with that news and decided to give her daughter a sensible name-Maya. 

The bags were packed and they headed to the airport. Juhi called her brother to inform him that she was coming back to Mumbai. He was very happy. Juhi had decided to practice at Sanjivani and Anjali appointed her as Chief of Surgery. Dr Shashank wanted to still stay retired, he planned to stay at home with his little twins. 

They arrived in Mumbai hours later. They decided to freshen up and go for a family dinner after which they crashed on the bed and slept. The twins entered their parents late at night and snuggled with them. 

Maya was still on observation but she would be at home with her almost 3yr old uncle and aunt. Anjali and Vardhan slept in peace and comfortably after months of worrying. 

----------

Monday. 

Juhi, Anjali and Vardhan woke up and dressed on time because they had to go to work. Shashank and the nurse would stay at home with the children. 

They sat together as a family to eat breakfast. " Anjali, you really don't need to come into work today," Juhi says. " I just need to make sure your first day back is good. And afterwards, I will continue my maternity leave," Anjali says. 

" Guys, can you explain to Anjali that I'm not a baby," Juhi asks. " I understand your point but let Anjali go. No one knows your back in town yet. It's best she handles it," Shashank says. " I agree with that father in law," Vardhan says. " Okay," Juhi says. 

" Let's go now, we don't want to be late," Anjali quickly drinks her glass of juice. Juhi peaks Shashank and the kids' cheeks and they leave the house. 

-----

Dr Asha: Dr Anjali is coming to work today. 

Dr Neil: Isn't she still on maternity leave?

Dr Ishaani: Nurse Philo told me that she's bringing a doctor with her. 

Dr Siddhant: Is someone else going to take over Sanjivani?

Dr Asha: Let's not get ahead of ourselves. 

Dr Ishaani: Exactly, besides they need a trusted person to run things for now. It's fine. 

Dr Siddhant: Let's ask her how the baby is doing?

Dr Neil: I'm sure she's better now. 

Their conversation changed and they started talking about surgical details. 

Meanwhile, Juhi and Anjali entered the hospital. People started greeting them as they walked forward. They were both excited and surprised to see Dr Juhi. 

Dr Neil was the first one to see them approaching. " Oh my gosh, it's Doctor Juhi," Dr Neil says. They all ran to approach her. " Hey, I have missed you all so much," Juhi says. " Where did you disappear off to?" Dr Asha asks her. " I needed a break," Juhi says. 

" Well, welcome back to Sanjivani, we have all missed you," Ishani says. Juhi smiles at her. Anjali takes Juhi away to the cabin. She gave a quick summary on everything that had happened in Sanjivani. " Okay, I would like to see any patient that links with my field," Juhi says. 

" That would be done, but it's only your first day back," Anjali says. " I have had plenty time to rest," Juhi says. " I will assign Dr Ishani to do that," Anjali says. " That's great," Juhi says. " You should set up a meeting later in the week with all the staff," Anjali says. " Oh, that's true," Juhi says. 

She pens down that opinion on a notepad. Juhi send Anjali away after a few hours. She goes over all the administrative documents. And calls for Dr Ishani in the evening.

----- 

" Yes, Juhi ma'am," Dr Ishani walks in. " Have I grown that old," Juhi chuckles. " Oh no, it's just respect," Dr Ishani says. " I need your help," Dr Juhi says. " Oh okay with what?" Dr Ishani asks. " I would like to see every patient that has had some form of neurosurgery or the other," Dr Juhi says. " Sanjivani became less popular with that after you and Dr Shashank left," Dr Ishani says. 

" Well, I am back and that will change," Dr Juhi says. " I am happy, how are the twins?" Ishani asks. " I knew you would cave and ask. I will show you their recent picture," Juhi says. Ishani goes behind Juhi's table to see the twins. 

" Oh my, they are so cute," Ishani says. 

" Don't let that fool you, they are mischievous," Dr Juhi says. " I'm sure they are happy to have met their complete family," Dr Ishani says. " Yes, that's why I moved back," Dr Juhi says. " And you? I can see you're glowing with love," Dr Ishani says. " I can say the same about you," Dr Juhi says. " Invite me to your wedding and I will invite you to mine," Ishani teases. 

" Let's go and see the patients now," Juhi says. " You know his going to ask you right?" Ishani says. " Can we focus on work?" Juhi says. " Yes, boss," Ishani says. 

They went to see the patients. Dr Juhi wanted to do a quick checkup to make sure they were good. 

----------

Meanwhile, Anjali and Shashank decided to go to the jewelry shop. They left the kids with the nurse at home. 

" Are you sure she wants to get married?" Dr Shashank asks. " You told me to drive you here, why are you asking me that?" Anjali asks. " I am just anxious," Shashank says. " Don't be, she loves you," Anjali says. " Thanks for supporting me," Shashank says.

" Oh, I am from the bride's side. I love my best friend more than you," Anjali jokes. " You are so mean, I brought you to life," Shashank pinches her. " Whatever," Anjali laughs. Anjali parks in front of the shop and they get down. 

It's Time. 

I had this for a while but decided to steal out of my revision time to complete it. 

I hope you liked it. What did you think?

Do you think Shashank will be like the sweaty types when popping the question? Or will he be cool?

The books is ending soon. How do you feel?

I feel grateful that after my sabbatical and creativity block you still care about this book. It means a lot. Take care. Kisses.