✳Chapter 3

Pune

When Juhi was done with her fourth surgery she went to her cabin. She laid down on the couch and drifted off to sleep. She was remembering things that happened between Rahul and her.

**********

Memory Trip.
Juhi got off work early so she could spend her Friday night with Rahul. She had been out of the country for a month. She was supposed to fly to New York on Saturday afternoon.

She had prepared a candlelight dinner for him. She is not good at things like that but she was pretty proud of what she has done. She waited hours for Rahul to come but he did not. She put the candlelight dinner and went to sleep.

When she woke up Rahul was beside her on the bed. They were cuddled up together. He was kissing her neck.

Leave me alone!- Juhi says pushing him away from her.

I know why you are angry and I am sorry. I saw all the candle, decoration and you cooked my favourite foods.- Rahul says.

He goes close to her and turns her to face him.

I have to leave Pune in a few hours. I wanted to spend all night with you. Feeling your lips on mine and you taking me to pure bliss. - She says.

Rahul kissed her and took off her clothes.

We still have a few hours- Rahul says.

***********

Juhi wakes up from her slumber.

How did things get so horrible between us?

She packs her bags and leaves for her house. When she got home she realized that she needed to stock the house up with food.

Anjali is a very good cook. This one week I will make her cook all my favourite meals.

She goes to the store to get food items. Juhi is a vegetarian but Anjali is not. She got things that Anjali could eat.

One of the major reasons Juhi does not eat meat or fleshy things is because it is soft like the brain. So that makes her disgusted.

**********
Memory Trip.

Anjali: Have you ever eaten meat?
Juhi: I used to eat meat but I stopped recently.
Anjali: Why?
Juhi: I operate on human brains every day.
Anjali: Ohhh I get. It is fine.
Juhi: You eat meat and I will eat vegetables.
Anjali: Perfect.
They both laughed.

**********

After buying all she needed to she went back home. She kept everything in their appropriate places.

Mumbai.
After work, Shashank and Anjali went back home. Shashank was waiting for Anjali at the dinner table. He wanted to talk to her about Vardhan. She came downstairs after she had packed all of her bags.

Anjali: Dad, why did you not start eating?
Shashank: I was waiting for you?
Anjali sat down and they both started to eat.
Anjali: Juhi said you called her.
Shashank: Yes, I did by mistake.
Anjali: Hmm.

Shashank: So you like Vardhan?
Anjali: Hmm, that is the rumour going about Sanjivani.
Shashank: Just tell me.
Anjali: Yes, I do dad but I cannot even tell him.
Shashank: Did you not go to lunch together? You should have been bold!
Anjali: Well, I am not bold.

Shashank: I am sure you got that from your mother. May her soul rest in peace. I am a very bold man!
He says that last line with a big smile and Anjali laughs.
Anjali: Aren't you the man who has not spoken to Juhi in all these years. If not for calling her by mistake you would have not talked to her.

Shashank: W-Well, whatever we are talking about you and not me.
Anjali: If you invite Juhi to Mumbai to spend her holiday. Then I will tell Vardhan I love him. 
Shashank: I cannot do that.

Anjali: Well, then no grandchildren for you.
Shashank: No, do not say that!
Anjali: You will be alone in this house for a week, think about it. Don't you want me to visit you on the weekend with my children in the future?

Shashank: I do but what if Juhi has plans.
Anjali: If you call Juhi now to come to Mumbai. She will leave Pune. She loves and respects you a lot.
She gets up and takes her plate to the kitchen.

The next day,
Anjali already had her bags in the car. Shashank would be taking the other car to Sanjivani. Her driver was already set.

Anjali: Dad, I am ready to go. Take care of yourself and think about what I said.

Shashank: Yeah yeah, I will think about it.

Sanjivani.
Shashank was in his office thinking about what Anjali said. Nurse Philo came inside and disturbed his thought process.

Nurse Philo: You need to authorize this purchase.
Dr Shashank: Is that not Vardhan's job?
Nurse Philo: He has already signed it but he needs your signature.
Shashank reads the document and signs it.

Nurse Philo: What is wrong with you?
Shashank: I am thinking another what Anjali said.
Nurse Philo: Which is?
Shashank: To invite Juhi to Mumbai to spend her leave with us!

Ishani and Siddhant entered the office.
Ishani: Are you talking about the Dr Juhi Singh? I know you were her mentor.
Siddhant: Ishani calm down.
Ishani: Okay.
Siddhant: Dr Shahsank you have to invite her. It is a must, let her come to Sanjivani.

Nurse Philo and Shashank were staring at these two doctors.
Nurse Philo: Where you listening in on us?
Dr Ishani: No, we came here to give a report.
Dr Siddhant: Then we heard you talking about a Juhi.
Dr Shashank: Leave your report and leave my office. Ishani you have joined Siddhant in his gossipy ways.

Ishani tried to deny but the older adults just laughed at them. Ishani and Siddhant left quite embarrassed.
Dr Ishani: It is all your fault! Now, they think I am like you.
Dr Siddhant: You can never be like me. You are so boring.

Dr Ishani: How can you conclude I am boring? I have not even worked here for a month.
Dr Siddhant: Whatever but you are boring.
Dr Ishani: Well, you are too playful.
They both walked their separate ways. They laughed at each other.

Pune.
Anjali arrived at Juhi's house. She knocked on the door and Juhi opened it. They both scream like crazy people and hugged.

Anjali: I have missed you so much!
Juhi: Uff, not as much as I have missed you! Meri Pagal dost ( my crazy friend.)
Anjali entered the house. Juhi took her to the guest room.
Anjali: Why is your hair so messy? Do you have a guy in here?

She says smirking.
Juhi: Uhh, I do not have anyone here. I was just tossing and turning on the bed.
Anjali: You were thinking about the past.
Juhi: Yes I was.
Anjali: Have you talked to him recently?
Juhi: Rahul and I work in the same hospital but we avoid each other very well.
Anjali: Why don't you come to Sanjivani? You can work there...

🔸️Do you think Juhi will agree?

🔸️Will Shashank be bold and call her?

🔸️How did you like chapter three? Do you like memory trips?

Like always vote, comment and recommend 💋😍💃...