✳Chapter 1

A man was sitting on his couch reading the newspaper. It was in the medical column. He was looking at what they had written about his favourite student.

A woman came down the stairs. She smiled win she saw her father holding the paper. She knew he was excited to read the headline.
" Dad, are you excited to see your favourite student succeeding?" Anjali says. " Of course, she is the best neurosurgeon in Indian after me though," Shashank says getting up.

Doctor Juhi Singh does it again. She removed a complex brain tumour that even a doctor from abroad could not.

Shashank: Are you ready to go to Sanjivani?
Anjali: I am dad.
They got into the car together and drove off.

Pune.
Juhi was settling into her new apartment. After, 6 months of divorce and living in a hotel. She finally got an apartment for herself.

She was about to make breakfast when a call came.

Anjali: Hello best friend!!
Juhi: Anjali, I thought you had forgotten me.
Anjali: Impossible!! When are you coming to Mumbai?
Juhi: I have no reason to come there.
Anjali: Don't you want to see Sanjivani?
Juhi: Dr Shashank sent me away years ago. I have nothing to do there.

Anjali: Just come and visit your bestie.
Juhi: I just got a new apartment. Come here and let us have a house warming between both of us.
Anjali: I will check my schedule then plan to come and visit.
Juhi: Okay.
Anjali: You know dad misses you a lot. He misses his favourite student.
Juhi: I am hungry and I have to go.
She cuts the call.

Juhi sighs and thinks about Sanjivani and Dr Shashank. She takes her mind off it and makes her lunch.

A woman in her late twenties was rushing to get a rickshaw. She told the driver where she was going and he dropped her in front of Sanjivani. She took blessing from mother India by touching the floor of the entrance of Sanjivani.

She entered and breath out heavily. She felt at home. She went to Doctor Shashank's office. He was addressing the new residents. There were only three of them, Dr Asha, Dr Neil and her ( Dr Ishani).

Shashank told them how important this next few years would be for them. It would be stressful but also a good learning experience for them. When the others were gone he told Ishani to stay.

Ishani: I am sorry for being later chacha( uncle).
Shashank: You have always had this quality of being late on the first day.
Ishani: I will do my job well.
Shashank: I do not doubt that. Have a nice day.
Ishani: You too.

(Shashank is not her uncle by blood but respect.)

Shashank went over some of Sanjivani's administrative files that he needed to sign. He was not going to be performing surgery today. Nurse Philo barged into his office.

Philo: Have you called her?
Shashank: Who?
He was playing dumb.
Philo: I know how excited you were about the news. Did you not call her?
Shashank: You have to be specific.
Philo: We both know I am talking about Juhi.
Shashank: I did not call her.

Philo: Why are men, such as babies? We both know you want to hear her voice. How long has it been, 11yrs?
Shashank: Mm, it has been 12yrs 6months 5weeks 4days since I saw and spoke to Juhi.
Philo: Shashank please call her. We both know you want too.

With that being said Nurse Philo left the office. He thought of calling Juhi to say congratulations.

Flashback.
Juhi won an award 2years ago as the Best Female Neurosurgeon. The award was set up by the body of Medical Practitioners in India. Dr Shashank was supposed to be the person to award her. He chickened out 2 weeks before the program and flew to Spain. 

When he came back he felt very guilty. He tricked Anjali and stole Juhi's number.

Shashank: Anjali, can you get some oil? My head hurts.
Anjali was texting on her phone and she dropped it. He took the phone will she was upstairs and copied Juhi's number. He never dared to call her.

End.

You are a man. Just call her!- Shashank thought to himself.

He called the number but before it could ring he cut the phone.

She must be in surgery or something. Let me not disturb her. - He walked out of his office.

Juhi on the other hand was at home watching a movie. At the same time, she was folding her clothes to put them in the wardrobe.

Ishani was to work with Dr Siddhant today. They were doing a simple surgery.

They met outside the Operation Theatre.
Dr Siddhant: Welcome to Sanjivani.
Dr Ishani: Thank you.
Dr Siddhant: Let us go inside.
During the surgery, Dr Siddhant asked Dr Ishani to walk him through the surgery. They did the work together.

After the surgery, Dr Siddhant asked Dr Ishani to take care of the post-operative work on the patient.

Anjali had three pregnancy deliveries and she was exhausted. She had not seen Vardhan all day. She went to his office.

Vardhan: Hey Anjali.
Anjali: How is work going?
Vardhan: Stressful as always.
Anjali: Do you want to go to lunch together?

Suddenly a voice is heard.
XX: Offcourse let us go.
Anjali turned and saw her father. She rolled her eyes.
Anjali: You know what I will pass.
She walked away.

Dr Shashank: Maybe she is not hungry again.
Vardhan: Who knows?
They talked about hospital finances, profits and donations being made.

Anjali went to her office. She called Juhi after ordering some food.
Juhi: What's up?
Anjali: I am going to kill my father.
Juhi: Do not say things like that. What happened?
Anjali: I went to Vardhan office.
She was interrupted.

Juhi: Oh that guy you like...
Anjali: Yeah yeah whatever. I invited him to lunch and guess what.
Juhi: What?
Anjali: My big-headed father invited himself too.
Juhi: You have not yet told Vardhan you like him.
Anjali: No I have not.
Juhi: Oh Lord, help Anjali get boldness.
Anjali: Do not mock me! You are the one who is too cowardly to call my dad.
Juhi: You and Vardhan are different from Dr Shashank and me. I wish I knew why he fired me.
She sighed.
Anjali: You can only know when you ask him.
Juhi: I will talk to you later.
Anjali: Bye.

🔸️This was the first chapter.
🔸️Did you like it?

🔸️Are you excited for more?

Like always vote, comment and recommend 💋😍💃...