15:

15:

A small breeze passes over us as we enter the sleek, modern high-rise with over fifty floors. My bewildered eyes wander around the entire intricately decorated lobby before locking onto a particular person in the center of the room. I'm sure you can guess who.

“Daddy!” Danny runs over to him while Emmy follows after.

I stifle the oncoming eye roll before putting on a false smile.

I watch Ian lift Danny up then ruffle his hair. The two laugh and talk until Danny points at me. Ian whispers something in his son's ear before walking over to me.

I'm about to greet him but stop when I hear Emmy say,

“I never thought that suit could look that good. I guess I am good at birthday gifts,”

He laughs while she continues flirting with him. This causes heat to flow through my veins, and despite my wanting these jealous feelings to go away, I still can't stop my blood from boiling.

My legs set into motion to stop this shit before it starts but a firm grip on my wrists pulls me back.

“Behave today, Ava,” Elaine warns sternly

“Or what, you're going to poison me again?” I turn to her with intense agitation.

We still haven't talked about it but Elaine knows I hate her more than ever now. She poisoned me to get me to fall for Ian.

“I don't have to do anything anymore,” She smirks while adjusting my sleeves. I'm dressed in a cream sweater and black leggings. I keep my hair tied back because I don't have time to do anything with it. Especially now that Danny's on Spring break.

“You don't have to do anything anymore?” I trace over her words, carefully dissecting each syllable.

“Ew, why didn't you change?” Emmy's annoying voice makes me cringe. It's so sudden that I don't have time to block it. She clearly sees my hatred for her.

“Why are you still here?” I grit my teeth, trying to not to cause a scene.

“She's helping me with some... things.”

I catch Elaine glance at an unsuspecting Ian before looking between us. Emmy is in front of me while Elaine stands to my right. Something tells me Elaine has a few tricks in her witch hat.

“I'm going to the restroom,” Emmy the tramp brushes past us.

“Is she the reason that condom was in our room?” I whisper to Elaine accusingly. I know Emmy and Ian are working together now but I'd never suspect him of infidelity. Could I be wrong?

“Let's just say I don't need them anymore.”

My thoughts merge together while my knees slowly start to quake. This feeling is new. My throat tightens while my heart beat crescendos. I'm feeling something. Something menacing. Anger, jealousy even.

Dude, you're being brainwashed. Even Stevie Wonder could see this shit.”

Weren't you and Danny supposed to leave last night; the night of the rehearsal dinner?”

Ava don't ignore me.”

Have you ever seen an angry ghost? We move shit...while your alone...in your own house.”

“Ava, darling?” A firm touch on my shoulder makes me blink rapidly.

“You're lying. You've got to be lying,” the words leave my tongue as quickly as my mind continues spinning. All thoughts screaming at me at once. Cheater, liar, scumbag.