25:

25:

Dedicated to zalahumanaz! Thanks for reading, voting, and commenting! ♥♥

Recap:

"You have to learn..." Is all he says.

I watch his movement. In one quick motion the gun is in the air. I sit up just as quickly to block my mother. But Ian moves quicker. His arm wraps around my body, pulling me into a hug. The next thing I hear is the devastating sound of the bullet firing. My scream overpowers my thoughts when I hear her fall backwards.

"Just...don't lie to me," he sighs again. Rocking us while I cry in his arms. I try to pull myself away from him but he just holds me tighter. "-because I hold life and death in my hands."

He's right. Despite my hatred for him he is right. He held my life in his hands at one point in time. I had fallen for him, or at least thought I had. But now, all I have is hate in my heart. I am dead on the inside because of him. And what he doesn't realize is that he has already killed me.

*End Recap*

The air in the room is stiff. The smell is unbearable. My thoughts are scattered, flying out of my mouth like a deck of cards. I have no idea what I'm saying. I can't even process what I'm thinking. My adrenaline is pumping. My lungs are burning. It hurts to breathe. My heart is racing two beats per second. The rest of my body can't keep up. My eyes are closed but I still hold sight of their despaired filled faces. My body is frozen but I still feel us rocking. Ian's fingers dig deep into my flesh as he pulls me closer, whispering inaudibly into my ear.

The words he allows to flow out scares me. They make me regret the day I left Jared willingly. They make me feel ashamed, remorseful. I feel as though I've failed my family, as well as myself.

"I will kill anyone... or anything that tries to ruin us...tries to ruin our family," he says before placing his head into my neck. I feel him inhale and then slowly exhale.

I wait. It's momentary but also necessary. I can feel wet tears slide down my neck. Those tears aren't mine though. They are his.

Slowly, I pull away. "Look at me." I order with stern sincerity. My hands are still tied so I can't turn his head to face me. All I can do is plead for his eyes to penetrate mine.

When he finally does look at me, I see an abundance of emotions in his face. They range from solemnity to madness. I try to read his next expression but he holds his head to the floor.

"I'm no good for you, Ava. I was never good enough for you." The small silence that follows berates me until I'm forced to speak up.

"Please untie me and we can-"

A small chuckle makes me frown. He continues laughing, relishing in his own insanity. His dark green eyes linger on mine until he looks away.

"There's nothing we can do, babe."

"That is why...I-" he swallows, as if his words are the only thing that needs to digest. "That is why I have to do this."

I gasp when I feel his gun. The cold, hard weapon is suddenly pressed to my forehead, causing me to become dizzier than I was before. I want to scream but I can't speak. Only muttering is heard from me. And I know I am not making sense. I don't want to die. Not while Danny still needs his mother.

I shiver when the black pistol trails from my lips to breastbone. If he could kill my parents without hesitation then surely, he won't think twice about killing me.