21:

21:

Author's Note: Ian's point of view is still a bit odd to me. I just try to imagine how Ian would feel and what he'd say. I can only hope this is accurate enough. ^_^

Also remember that this is the continuation after Ian sexually violated Ava.

Ian's P.O.V.

Once I finish cleaning her up, I put her to bed before starting on our room. No one needs to see the blood and mess I've made. No one needs to ask questions. Those are the very thoughts occupying my mind because that is what Martin would drill into my head.

Questions demand answers. Answers demand accountability. Simple as that.

After making sure everything is spotless, I slide into bed. With my arm draped over her waist, I listen to her cry for the next few hours. Small sniffles and heavy breathing fill my ears with sadness, while muffled whispers fill my heart with worry. So like a concerned fiance, I open my eyes to meet hers.

She doesn't look at me. Instead she continues crying and mumbling softly. She whispers the word 'sorry' repeatedly until I shush her; trying to console her. I tell her everything will be alright and that this is not her fault, but mine alone.

This only stirs more uneasiness in her because not only do I have to hear more of her tears but watch them as well. My dull irises watch her soul cry out. Fright-filled flinches from my soft touch only heighten my concern for her. Why is she flinching from me? Am I really that dangerous?

"I'm...I'm so sorry!" She cries out; louder and more heartfelt this time. As if she is calling out to someone.

By this time her body is upright, facing straight ahead. While her knees rise to her chest I take the opportunity to sit up as well. She begins a steady rock and all I can do is sit quietly; allowing her despair to stain my mind and pierce my heart with regret.

After tortured silence and feeling my pride rip apart from me, I finally decide to speak.

"I'm here for you, okay?" My hands go up to try to embrace her but she scoots away.

I don't know what's worse. Not being allowed to hear my angel's voice. Or, not being allowed to feel her velvet touch.

"I'd rather you not be," She sneers unhappily.

My eyes lower in sadness but I don't say anything. I mean even if I could fully speak to her what would I say? She has every right to be angry at me. I know what I did was wrong, and at this rate nothing I do can make it right. I took her control from her in order to gain control over her. Why do I even listen to Elaine?

"I'd rather you go fuck yourself, okay?" She continues harshly. Her unpleasant words make my fingers ball into fists. I want to stop her from talking like that to me. But I also know that I'd make things ten times worse if I reacted in anger. So instead of punching, I'm going to try apologizing.