20:

20:

Ava's POV

Song: Elephants

Artist: We The Committee

(Perfect for the end of Ava's flashback)

I'm stranded; trapped in the middle of an island with no one to rescue me. Nothing but rays of warm light rain down on me while tiny grains of sand pinche my sun kissed feet.

A fierce breeze circulates around me, uplifting my hair in a canopy of air. With a small smile, I allow the crisp air to revitalize me. It soothes me while-

I'm surrounded; surrounded by solitude but not by silence. Nothing but the sound of waves crashing into the shore seizes my ears. I revel in the quiescent beauty of the beach; in the tragic beauty of life.

"Mommy look what me and Jarhead made!"

"Yeah Mommy, come get a picture with it," the man with black hair and hypnotizing cobalt blue eyes jokes.

"A sand castle! Oh wow, my handsome boy has made the most amazing sand castle I've ever seen!" I speak with vigor excitement. Danny squeals happily when I lift him up and into my arms. I give him a few kisses too.

Once I kneel down behind the castle Jared moves to the front of us. With a wide grin, I wrap my arm around my blond haired boy. He stands next to me with the cheesiest smile.

In a series of magical events, Jared urges us to keep smiling. He then proceeds to count down from five. I wait in anticipation for him to snap the picture. But of course, a wave crashes into us just as the camera flashes.

Danny and I are instantly immersed in water and sand. He yells, "Hey!" in his deep voice."The beach killed my castill!"

He isn't too concerned with getting wet. No, his main issue is the fact that his sand castle is a sandy puddle.

"Well the beach killed Mommy's hair," I sigh in disbelief. It will take a good hour to get this sand out of my hair.

"Ah, this is gold," Jared laughs heartily. Earning a scowl from me. I watch him go through the photos on his camera with a child like expression.

"This was your plan?"

"Actually-"

"I wanted you to get wet mommy," he pokes out his bottom lip sadly. He can see my 'angry, scary mommy face,' as he calls it.

"But now I want my sand castill back." The moping toddler hangs his head in defeat. This act makes me lean down to his eye level to console him.

"We'll make another. How about that?" His little fingers squeeze mine in an act of understanding as he nods.

"Or," Jared interrupts, "-How about we go to Sand Castle Cove, instead?"

"Sand Castle Cove?" I mimic curiously. Not only has this piqued my interest, but Danny's as well.

"Don't worry hot stuff, you'll love it too," he whispers to me. My breath catches in my throat when he kisses my earlobe. Jared and I have been together for three years and he still gives me a new, refreshing feeling inside. Not fear, not chills, nor butterflies. It's a different experience.

"Hot stuff? Really Jarebear?" I'm just as bad at pet names as he is.

After his small cringe and my laughter, we packed our towels up and began our trek to wherever he was taking us.