How I, As The Author Feels...

Hey guys. So um I haven't updated in a week and it's not because I've given up on this book. It's because I've been too busy to write a chapter for this. I know I'm awful so here, take my sorry. Take my hug. :3 

Anyways, I've been reading some negative comments and they've kind of gotten to me. I hate that because I never let comments get to me but this needs to be addressed. Okay, *sighs* I'm going to be honest here so please don't get offended. It's just how I'm feeling, at the moment. Those comments about 'How weak Ava is now' or, "What does the author think of women if she makes her character like this?" are really bothering me. I get that it's your opinion and you're entitled to it but damn, can you actually read the book and at least try to see underneath the surface?

If you don't know what I mean hold on, I'll explain. ;)

You do realize that Ava and Ian have had a destructive, toxic past, right? You know this character has been through hell and back during and after her abduction. I mean, honestly would you be the same, old, fiesty you if someone did all of those things that Ian has done to her, to you? No, you wouldn't be the same. Some people would have gone insane, or worse, committed suicide. So please stop wishing she'd "grow a backbone". Do you not realize that Ava's spirit has been broken, and that takes more than just time to heal it?  

Not to mention, she has Danny now. It's not just about her anymore. I may not be a mother but I do know things change once you have children. And Danny is at the age where he'll remember signifcant instances in his life. Which is why Ava doesn't want to make Ian too angry. She can't risk having broken bones like in the first book, because she has Danny to care for now. 

And please don't say Ian wouldn't do that to her if Danny is around. Ian is one of those character's whose mood changes like the weather.  So yeah, his unpredictable personality keeps her hesitant in "standing up for herself". She's not weak for observing, thinking, and trying to understand Ian. She's quite the opposite actually, she's brave.

Now I'm all for women's empowerment and standing up for what you believe in. I mean duh, I'm a woman and unintelligent people annoy the hell out of me, so why would I want Ava to be weak and dumb? That wouldn't make sense on my part. And I'm sorry if you see her in that way, but she's not weak or dumb. She's just taking a different approach. 

 "Only the weak are cruel. Gentleness can only be expected from the strong."

-Leo Buscaglia

Remember guys, Ava is in a lose/ lose type of situation. Her plan of revenge has failed and so has her defiant attitude (proof of that was from the first book). If she leaves, Ian will come after her. If she  stays, she is still stuck with him. And before you say "kill him," you already know how this character feels about death. Even if her aggressor deserves it she'd have a hard time killing him. 

Well, I guess that's it. I hope I cleared some things up. If you still have questions just comment or PM me. 

NOTE: PLEASE DON'T TAKE THIS AS ME NOT WANTING YOUR HONEST OPINION. I STILL LOVE YOU GUYS AND YOUR AMAZING COMMENTS. I just think (some of) you should actually ask me to explain before you jump to conclusions. I don't like being perceived as something I'm not based off my character's traits. So please think twice the next time you write a rude comment. 

Thank you and goodnight. xx 

P.S. Again, I'm so very sorry for not updating. I promise I'm writing the next chapter right now. It should be up by the end of this week. (@Mistres_Venom I haven't forgotten about your cover(s). I just can't get much done because my work schedule is a busy once again. I have extra hours because my co-worker is back in school) >.<