11:

This chapter is dedicated to eardna26! ♥ 

11:

"You cannot be serious, Ava," Mandy stares at me with worried blue eyes. She, my parents, and Emmy seem to be the only ones against it. While her twin sister, Melanie and Elaine are all for it. I can see the excitement in Elaine's opaque eyes. The light from her phone screen reflects on her eyes, shining like green gems.

"Ava darling, I'm so glad you've come to your senses,"

Without saying a word, my eyes latch onto my parent's worried orbs. I catch a glimpse of my mom whispering to my dad before everything becomes a blur. A few shocked gasps break the silence while my dad continues right hooking Ian's jaw.

It takes a moment to process what's happening, and before I realize what is really taking place, I hear grunts and punches from the two brawlers. Ian is in a losing battle with my father. I feel the table shift from Ian's body weight so that's when my frightened body reacts.I grab Danny and back away. The food is all over the table and our guests are all out of their seats.

"Mommy no. I wanna see," he squirms restlessly, trying to see the fight. But I just hold him to me tighter.

"Stop!" My mom, Mandy, Elaine, and I are surrounding them, begging them to stop. While Ian's father, Martin is pulling them apart.

"It's not going... to happen. No way in hell is she... marrying that asshole!" he shouts with anger boiling through his veins. I notice his left cheek is swollen, making the left side of his face appear larger.

"From the looks... of things, it's obvious... who the asshole is," Ian wipes his swollen, bloody lip with a cloth from his grey suit.

"I'll kill you," My dad is about to lunge for him but stops when my mom places her small hands on his chest.

"We can get a warrant for his arrest.He kidnapped her and is brainwashing her," I hear my mom's small voice through the murmurs of the crowd. There are people surrounding our group, asking us if everything is okay.

I hear Mandy explain how the "family" has just been on edge lately. They must deem it as acceptable because the majority of the crowd go back to their tables.

"I didn't kidnap her and I'm not brainwashing her!" Ian seethes with a look of hurt. I know that look. It's the same look he gave me when I told him I didn't want him to hurt me anymore.

That was the night he told me how sorry he was and how he never truly wanted to hurt me. He told me my resistance frustrated him to the point where he thought the only way to get me to love him was to force me. I remember what he said after his apology,

"I never realized how much I was hurting myself by hurting you."

"If you didn't brainwash her then why is she afraid to come home? Why is her wrist like that?" My mother points to me, cuing everyone to stare at me with questioning eyes.

"Oh Sandra please stop trying to turn this into something it's not. We bring about our own suffering," Elaine says harshly.

"What the hell are you trying to say?" My mom steps forward, causing Elaine to step back.

"I'm only saying the choices Ava has made has brought about certain consequences and-"

"Lainey don't do that," Martin says sternly. His voice is deep and haunting when he is serious. It gives me chills.

"Guys, are we really going to ignore the fact that Danny needs a father. It's clear Ian and Ava are both so deeply in love with each other and no one is going to take that away from them. No one," Melanie chimes in, forcing Mandy to roll her eyes.