Chapter 54 | Coincidental Meeting

They saw that the person who came down from the carriage had black hair like ink that was casually tied behind his head. He did not seem to be old, rather, right at the age of reaching maturity. He was equanimous and had a relaxed expression. Although he was not smiling and his expression was calm, it still made people feel as warm as sunshine and unknowingly gave birth to a feeling of closeness.

Upon closer inspection, he was exceptionally handsome. His peach eyes seemed to hold a perpetual touch of affection, but they also appeared cold; he seemed easy to approach but upon taking a second look, it made people feel a sense of danger. It was so full of contradiction, but also made people fascinated.

The onlookers who had been watching curiously couldn't help but stop and look at the young gentleman getting off the carriage in astonishment.

Zilian and the man next to her stared at this person, both were stunned for a while. They saw him sweep a glance at the child at his feet, look at the veil hat that had fallen on the side and then look up at them.

"You are in the way." His light and calm voice was clear and without the slightest emotion but it made people feel especially amicable and warm.

Seeing that no one reacted, he frowned slightly, "Hong Qui..."

With a gentle call from him, a woman in red came down from the carriage. She had a lovely appearance and could be said to be very beautiful. She seemed to be a little older than him and had bright, cheerful eyes. She jumped out of the carriage and without waiting for instructions, helped up the child who was still lying on the ground. The child seemed to have been scared silly. At this time, he stood up and without saying a word, turned and ran away.

Seeing him running away, she smiled slightly, picked up the veil lying on the side, brushed off the dust and stood in place while holding it in her hand.

Zilian saw it, took a step forward and said to her, "This is my veil."

Hong Qui had just seen her treat the child in such a way and already felt displeased. At this moment, she did not speak to her and handed the item in her hand to Qi Mingyue instead.

Qi Mingyue raised his eyebrows, took the veil and murmured to himself, "Why would anyone have to wear it to go out on the street?" While looking at the thing in his hand, he looked quite puzzled.

Zilian saw that the woman who came down from the carriage was luxuriously dressed and was no worse than her. Whether it be her appearance or grooming, both were excellent. She ignored his question and her mind wandered off as she guessed what her relationship was with the young gentleman standing in front of her.

Biting her lower lip, she straightforwardly wanted to ask the young man to return the veil, but when facing him, she felt like she didn't know how to speak. While hesitating, she saw him hand the veil over.

"This young lady has an exceptionally beautiful appearance; it would be a shame if you covered it up with this thing." His gentle voice was calm and even, but the listener's heart seemed to have been touched that sent ripples across the surface. She had long grown accustomed to hearing others praise her appearance, but today, such a sentence made her cheeks red. She lowered her head slightly, took the veil from him, held it in her hand but did not put it on.

The man beside her always had an arrogant expression as if he didn't care about anything around him, but ever since he saw the young man come down from the carriage, his eyes were fixated on him and didn't move an inch.

At this moment, he suddenly stepped forward and said, "My name is Ruan Tianqi, this is my sister Zilian. I wonder whether gongzi[1] is also going to enter the city and is heading to YeYao?"