Chapter 18 | Imperial Court

The An Yang envoy stood uneasily in the hall. Finally, the Second Prince of Cang He returned and they were able to get out of the city, but for some unknown reason, they were invited back after progressing halfway. Everyone knew that the Emperor of Cang He was unpredictable and fickle in temper, no one could guess what he was planning this time.

"This one doesn't know what is the reason for calling us back? Is it possible that Your Majesty is reluctant and doesn't want us to return to Lian Tong? If so, as long as Her Majesty does not mind, we would also like to stay in Cang He and sing and dance for Your Majesty every day." It was the Lian Tong envoy who spoke; she and the attendants behind her were all enchanting and good-looking women. At this moment, they raised their heads with a smile, their eyes were moving and suggestive.

The monarch of Lian Tong was a woman. It was rumoured that she and the Cang He Emperor once had relations. If she hadn't decided to rule Lian Tong, she might be the Empress of Cang He today. Now, when they saw the women sent by her, all beautiful and lovely, they thought that the Empress must certainly be even more charming.

Qi Mingyue teased softly in his Father Emperor's ear, "Unfortunately, I didn't see it at the banquet that day. It was originally Father Emperor's fault that I couldn't. It's not every day one can see Lian Tong's singing and dancing." The women of Lian Tong were famous for their singing, dancing, and music. Within its lands, there was no woman who didn't know how to play instruments, all of them could sing and dance. It could be said that men all over the world yearned for them. The envoy spoke in this manner knowing that the prince wanted to see them, but now it was as if she knew nothing. They only looked at his Father with a smile. It seemed that all the women of Lian Tong were bold.

"If MingEr wants to see it, just ask her to jump and show you immediately. What kind of singing and dancing have I not seen? Even if they dance well, how can they compare with your appearance under the moon wielding a bloody blade?"

The envoys of both An Yang and Lian Tong stood for a long time but did not receive any instructions from the Emperor of Cang He. They looked up and saw him whispering to the Second Prince. They were surprised that the prince not only sat on the Dragon Throne in public but even in this atmosphere, in this solemn hall and under the gaze of everyone present, he was still at ease and even talking and laughing like usual. Like His Majesty, he didn't pay attention to them. They remembered that day when they saw him drinking Ming Xun at the banquet, he recounted its source with confidence, spoke and behaved like a man with an extraordinary temperament. He was so young and already like this, they really envied Cang He's good fortune for having such a prince.

Qi Mingyue shook his head, he was not particularly interested in the dance of Lian Tong. If he really wanted to see it, Hong Qui would never be worse than these people. "Thank you for your good intentions. Father Emperor did not want to delay the return journey of the honourable envoys. This time, I asked you to turn around halfway and bothered these beautiful sisters, it was really Mingyue's fault."

The tender voice of the child sounded in the main hall, his voice was calm, the words were polite, and the envoys of Lian Tong could not help but look at him carefully, and then said with a smile: "Her Majesty has long heard that the Second Prince is extraordinary and handsome. It turns out that your handsomeness might simply be a curse. Ah, I'm afraid Your Highness will cause countless women to fall for you in the future."

Those weren't words that should be said to a child, Qi Mingyue frowned and didn't speak. He didn't like the women who spoke too much. He suddenly heard Qi Xutian speak with a faint smile, "I don't need others to worry about my MingEr's future. Today, I invited you back because I have something to confirm." From his tone, it was obvious that he was displeased.