Chapter 10 | Conspiracy

"MingEr doesn't like it?"

Qi Mingyue scoffed and ridiculed, "I don't like the idea of a banquet. All the singing and dancing is too noisy and there are also too many people, which is difficult to handle. Does Father Emperor think that my life is too peaceful and wants to show me something entertaining?"

"If I really had something entertaining to show MingEr..." Qi Xutian dragged his voice and stared into his eyes.

Qi Mingyue saw it and opened his mouth to speak, "Then I will have a good look. I don’t know what drama Father Emperor has arranged?"

"MingEr can rest assured, it will be absolutely brilliant." Qi Mingyue didn't know what Qi Xutian thought of as a mysterious look appeared in his eyes. "Some people aren't afraid of death. They intend to sneak into the palace to conspire. MingEr must look carefully and see how well I treat them."

"Conspiring? Is there anyone who dares to assassinate Father Emperor?" With a chuckle, Qi Mingyue felt that this matter would be very interesting.

Qi Xutian did not answer, "Since your injury is alright, start martial arts training tomorrow."

"Why wait till tomorrow?" He could not wait any longer.

So Qi Xutian exchanged a look with Liu Yi, "From today, he will be in your hands. He must build a solid foundation, don't let him relax much."

"Yes, Liu Yi understands." Liu Yi's calm eyes fixed on Qi Mingyue.

Qi Mingyue met the eyes of Chief Liu without any cowardice or fear. Instead, he looked as usual, even with a little excitement and expectation. "I know that if I want to learn martial arts well, it is inevitable that I would suffer hardships. Chief Liu does not have to be merciful."

"Then Your Highness must prepare healing medicine, it will be useful in the future."

Qi Mingyue smiled slyly, "I don't need to be reminded by Chief Liu, I have already prepared it. There are more than ten different kinds of medicines which I carry with me to prepare for unexpected needs."

"MingEr, what are you going to do with them?" Qi Xutian knew that he had asked the royal doctor to prepare many things, mostly medicines for injuries and drugs.

Qi Mingyue withdrew the smile on his face, looked sideways at the texture of the jade cup on the table, and replied lightly, "In the palace, who knows when I might need help? Right now, I am only a five-year-old child. If I don't rely on these, then wouldn't I always need to rely on the shadow guards or Father to come for my rescue each time?"

He stood up slowly, his voice very calm, "My life cannot depend on and be saved by others. Even if there is only a slight chance at life, I will hold it in my hands."

The figure of Qi Mingyue turned away from them making Chief Liu unable to clearly see his appearance at this time. The light from the setting sun fell on him through the window frame, a golden-red brilliance spread out around him. Qi Xutian watched the child under the light and the look in his eyes changed.

Chief Liu watched him say this and suddenly his eyes turned to the man in the black robe and he frowned. His Majesty, he...

"The matter of Concubine Hua today is something that I miscalculated. I didn't expect her to be able to fight. If it wasn't for the shadow guard as well as Father's arrival, I'm afraid my life would have been in danger. I don't want to be in such a predicament again in the future." He frowned. After all, his five-year-old body was still too weak, inflexible, not to mention the speed and strength were severely lacking. It seemed that only after practising martial arts could it be changed.