Chapter 45 | Two Little Children

"Uuuuu... Lan[1] said you're a bad guy, drop Xiao Yin! Bad guys, don't grab me! Let go! Let go!" The one constantly struggling under Shadow One's hold was actually a child.

[1] Means Blue.

The child's silver hair was even more distinctive in the moonlight. There were tears in his big eyes, but he still stubbornly waved his hands and feet around in the air.

Signalling for the child to be put down, Qi Mingyue blocked the child's way before he could slip away, "Whose child are you? Why are you here?" The child seemed to be no more than five years old, with a head full of silver hair, and he showed up at such a distant place as Lofty Mountain. No one would believe that he was a child from an ordinary family.

Upon being stopped by Qi Mingyue like this, the child stopped and didn't dodge. He looked straight at him with his eyes full of doubts, "Why do you have master's smell[2]?"

[2] A more appropriate word would be ambience/aura, but that wasn't going well with the flow, so I just used the MTL's version.

Master's smell? Could he be referring to the aura of Tianyin? Qi Mingyue showed a soft smile and stretched out his hand to stroke his silver hair, "Your name is Xiao Yin[3]? Is Senior Chu your master?" If that was the case, it wouldn't be difficult to explain why there are such a strange child here.

[3] Literally means Little Silver.

"How do you know my master's surname is Chu?" Xiao Yin nodded his head with confusion, stopped the tears in his eyes and grabbed Qi Mingyue's sleeve without fear, "Little brother, why isn't your eagle afraid at all? Master's music is so powerful that all the animals in the mountain are gone."

"Little Black is originally a spirit animal from this mountain. It was tamed by your master, so naturally, it's not afraid. My name is Mingyue, so Xiao Yin, tell me, who is this Lan you speak of and where is your master?" Qi Mingyue probed.

The child heard his words, then suddenly, tears filled his eyes again, "Master had an accident. Lan sent a message to find someone like Master instructed, but there has been no one..." As he spoke, his tears fell, and he threw himself into Qi Mingyue's arms and sobbed.

Qi Mingyue was about to comfort him, but a small figure appeared out of nowhere and dragged Xiao Yin out of his arms. Before he could stop him, a force from behind also pulled him a few steps back and he instantly fell into a familiar embrace. "MingEr promised me that you wouldn't to be close to anyone else, so why did you break your promise?"

Listening to the question being whispered in his ear, it was evident that Father was already displeased. Father Emperor actually found even such a small child provocative. Qi Mingyue turned around, dumbfounded, and dropped a kiss on his lips in front of everyone. Then, he laughed lightly, "Father, why do you have to be like this? Xiao Yin is just a child."

Qi Xutian leaned over, stopped right beside his ear and chuckled, "MingEr, don't forget. At that time, you were also just a child and you could already mess up my mind."

How could Qi Mingyue not understand the meaning of his words? However, it wasn't appropriate to say anything here, so he turned around as if nothing had happened only to see another child in front of him. He looked to be about the same age as Xiao Yin, dressed in blue, but his expression was very cold. He completely ignored the intimate actions between father and him and was holding Xiao Yin close while looking at them vigilantly, as if he intended to protect Xiao Yin in his arms and leave immediately if there was the slightest movement.

Hong Qi, who had been standing on the side, saw the two children and was already very happy. She stepped forward, first smiled kindly towards them, then said softly, "Our master is here to save your master, he's not a bad person. Don't be afraid."