Chapter 28 | Tianyin

"Yao... fell in love with Father when you were rescued by him." And that's why she was willing to stay in the palace and only ask for a moment of warmth.

Withdrawing her gaze, Jiang Yao calmly turned to look at the young man sitting across from her, looking into the distance with a sense of depth that was incompatible with his age. The darkness in his eyes made her smile bitterly, were the two of them, father and son, actually in love with each other? No wonder His Majesty was so angry that day.

"It turns out that His Majesty has told you all about my past." It proved that in that person's heart, Mingyue was the only special existence. Even if he was his parent, he didn't care about it since the target was this child. "Mingyue must feel that I am a filthy woman? I had a broken body and even brazenly served up my own body. In the end, I even entered the Imperial Palace."

It was as if she was talking about other people's affairs, there was no pain or sorrow in her eyes, only a self-deprecating smile. Between her words, there seemed to be nothing that could make her mind so candid and leisurely

Qi Mingyue shook his head at her, "I only feel appreciation. A woman like Yao, I'm afraid that you are the only one in the world, so people have to like you."

Seeing him speak seriously, Jiang Yao's eyes widened in surprise and she asked, "Like me? Will my disposition make people like me?" In the eyes of the world, she was shameless. No one had ever said they liked her.

Somehow, her surprised expression at the moment was very cute. Qi Mingyue couldn't help but smile and say, "I said that I like you in front of Father yesterday and it made him furious." There was a bit of smugness in his words. 

Only you dare to take pleasure in angering him, Jiang Yao heard him say this but secretly rejoiced from the bottom of her heart. That man also had such a day. "Mingyue really likes me?"

She narrowed her eyes and asked with a smile but Qi Mingyue seemed to be able to perceive her nervousness, so he walked to her side and reached out to hug her, "Yao is the most lovely woman I have ever seen. Father Emperor has no vision, so let me cherish you."

His voice resembled the clear lake water, spoke in her ear. The low murmur made people feel intoxicated. The gentleness words and compassion in his voice made Jiang Yao unable to bear the urge to cry for the first time.

Blinking her wet eyes, she said teasingly with a light smile, "You child, so big already that you know how to coax people. It seems like your Father, you will be fickle towards people in the future." However, she still reached out to embrace the young man tightly. How could His Majesty not feel tempted towards such a person? Even she couldn't feel even the slightest bit of displeasure towards him, obviously... she should hate him. As a prince and his son, he made that man fall in love with him. It was such an unorthodox thing and should be disgusting, but she couldn't feel even a little bit of disgust towards him.

"Fickle? My love is not much and all I can give is already for Father Emperor... I'm afraid he won't allow me to give any less."

It was easy to say words that couldn't be said to others. Still peaceful, Jiang Yao looked up at the young man standing in front of her, "I won't tell anyone."

Qi Mingyue let go of her and sat down next to her gracefully, then leaned against her without any manners. He lazily threw a sentence, "As long as Father Emperor doesn't know, it's fine." Father Emperor already did some excessive things from time to time, if he came to know that he said such a thing, he was afraid Father would be proud of himself and be complacent.

Seeing him like this, Jiang Yao looked a little frightened. "Mingyue, don't hurt me. If you are seen like this again, I'm afraid His Majesty won't spare me this time."