Chapter 43 | Leaving The Palace

Note: This chapter contains minor sexual content.

•×•×•×•

She hesitated again and again, then finally spoke, “You don’t know, but I do have something bothering me, so I didn’t bother to pay attention to the things outside.” Upon seeing Little Black perched on his shoulder, her eyes showed a relieved smile. Little Black was so close to him, it seemed that Tianyin’s foundation had solidified, which made the aura around him even more peaceful and safe and ended up making such an alert spirit take the initiative to get close.

Noticing that she looked worried when she talked about it, Qi Mingyue was a little surprised. However, before he could inquire, Jiang Yao's complexion had already turned pale as she asked about Lianxin gu.

Knowing that there was no need to hide from her, he told the story and when he arrived at the subject of Lianxin gu, he signalled for Ying Ran to answer. Ying Ran was already good at the art of healing and poisoning and had always been clever and intelligent, hence, right then, in just a few words she talked about the characteristics of Lianxin gu.

She knew that the right melody could control the gu, that’s why she intentionally discussed with the Empress who knew the art of Tianyin. She wanted to get rid of the gu for His Royal Highness as soon as possible, thus, she also expresssed her own opinions.

After listening to Ying Ran's words, Jiang Yao fell silent as she began thinking, then suddenly, she raised her head and said, “Mingyue, do you know that I had something to tell you earlier?”

Qi Mingyue nodded, he naturally saw her desire to speak before but when he heard her ask about the gu poison, he did not pursue the matter, “What is it that you want to say? Just tell me.”

Jiang Yao sighed, “I didn't want to trouble you and I know that His Majesty wouldn’t let you go, but now, it looks like you’ll have to do it.”

From what she said, could it be that he needed to leave the palace? Qi Mingyue questioned with his eyes and heard her continue, “This matter will also be beneficial to you in relieving the gu poison and you might even be able to remove it entirely.”

As soon as she said this, both Hong Qi and Ying Ran showed expressions of joy and hurriedly asked her.

Jiang Yao beckoned Little Black, motioned towards it and spoke, “Little Black’s origin is extraordinary, it was originally a mountain spirit and was tamed by a senior. My guqin was also gifted by this senior. He has been practising Tianyin for many years and his talent is exceptional. Although it’s not as good as that of a Celestial like you, he’s still able to bring out most of the effects of Tianyin. However, I recently received news that this senior went astray while practising Tianyin and was unable to control its power, as a result, he went mad. The people walking close to him were all hurt by the sound of his zither, but he could not control himself and was overwhelmed by the sound of his own music for three days.”

To play the zither for three consecutive days while using Tianyin, unfortunately, he would probably not last long, but she couldn't leave the palace. Every day, there was constant back and forth communication and intelligence exchange between Jianghu and the palace and she needed to make clear decisions before reporting to His Majesty, therefore, only Mingyue, who had also learned Tianyin, could go there for her but wasn’t just for this reason.

“If it was just for this one reason, I wouldn't want you to go, but there is Lianxin gu in your body and if you want to get rid of it, you can only rely on the method of Tianyin. That senior is highly skilful, and his skills are profound, so as long as you save him, you would completely be able to control the gu with your music and then lead it out safely.”