Chapter 21 | Chance Encounter

When Consort Hua was relegated to the Cold Palace, An Ruolan felt relieved. Apart from the Empress, no one in the harem could shake her position now. Her child had always been loved by His Majesty and moved out of Zixia Palace when he was young. He had always been living in the Emperor's Xuantian Palace; it was the glory that only a monarch could enjoy and her son had already received it. His favour was the reason for her splendour and it made her feel less uneasy, but then there were the words of the Grandmaster all those years ago. How could she easily forget them?

Bringing calamity, killing his mother, no descendants. The words in the middle couldn't help but make her feel a trace of panic. She still remembered that when she was pregnant with the child, there were still movements in her belly at first, but then there was nothing of that sort until her son was finally born. When he was born, he didn't cry or make noise. Although his beautiful smile made her happy, but then... Tan Wu's words seemed to have buried a thorn in her heart and from time to time, it would poke her heart, and make her startled about the rich and glorious days before her eyes.

She didn't know whether... he was the alien star? But His Majesty loved him so much, naturally, it must have been determined that he wasn't evil. She should not think about it, maybe Qi Musheng was the alien star!

After restraining the disturbing thoughts in her mind, An Ruolan sat at the dressing table and carefully sorted out the accessories and delicate pins. Her gaze lifted and she looked at the woman in the mirror - her eyes were flickering with uneasiness and were lost in unknown thoughts.

Zhi Lan entered the room, took care of some trivial things, heard someone outside, and went out again. Soon, she returned to inform, "Your Highness, that Concubine Ziqi is here again. I don't know what trouble he's in this time that he came to find you. Do you wish to see him?"

An Ruolan didn't speak for a long time. When Zhi Lan thought she hadn't heard and planned to ask again, she heard her sigh quietly and reply softly, "Let him come in."

Zhilan's face frowned unpleasantly. She thought that Her Highness was a high ranked consort, the daughter of General An, and their Second Prince was also exceptionally favoured. While he was just a concubine who took advantage of his father's identity as a member of the Privy Council to enter the palace. Why did he always come to trouble her? He didn't talk about anything to the others but repeatedly angered Her Highness, really didn't know what to do!

She let Han Ziqi enter the side courtyard and wait. Zhilan returned to the room and informed Consort An. Back when His Majesty had seen him bring Her Highness to tears, Concubine Zi Qi had converged his actions a little, only to come and meet Her Highness in the side courtyard later; ultimately, the result was still the same, Her Highness didn't want to help him. He either spoke cold words or cried angrily. He was such a character who, after bullying others, himself appeared wronged.

Zhi Lan scolded Han Ziqi again in her mind, then sighed and retreated.

Han Ziqi was still in white, looked elegant and appeared disdainful of worldliness. His face was calm and his steps were steady as he entered the side courtyard. An Ruolan sat with her back towards him and he unhurriedly made his way towards her.

The two were side by side but neither of them spoke.

There was a wild rose plant outside the yard, it bloomed lushly and had white petals. Its vines had claimed over the frame and its branches had extended over the terrace of the side courtyard.

It was a beautiful sight. An Ruolan watched the blossoming white roses absentmindedly. Han Ziqi followed her eyes and watched the flowers as well, as they danced in the wind, he still stood silently. After a long time, she opened her mouth and asked, "How have you been recently?"