Chapter 12 | House Arrest

"You're awake." It was a man with a deep, thick voice.

Qi Mingyue didn't answer, instead, he just sat up and scanned his surroundings. There was nothing special about the furnishings in the room, but every detail was very thoughtful. Whether it was the tables, chairs or other furniture, all were placed in the most appropriate position. The bed's mattress was soft, luxurious and had detailed embroidered patterns on it, its make wasn't inferior to the items used in the palace.

It seems that he doesn't want to answer, the man thought and didn't care. He turned sideways to look over at the figure on the bed. Qi Mingyue jumped off the bed and adjusted his bloody shirt, only then did the man notice the blood on his clothes and a surprised look appeared in his eyes.

"I didn't expect that Your Second Highness has such good skills despite being so young, you were even able to hurt Wu Yao." His tone did not fluctuate, it wasn't clear whether he was admiring Qi Mingyue or was dissatisfied with him.

"His name is Wu Yao? Can you let me see him?" Qi Mingyue walked up to the chair opposite to the man, sat down, and picked up the teapot on the table and poured himself a cup of tea.

"Why do you want to see him?" The man in front of Qi Mingyue was wearing a red robe, its dark colour seemed to be tainted with blood and revealed a cold aura which was completely incompatible with the dazzling colour.

Qi Mingyue tasted the tea and tilted his head. He began, "Mingyue is just curious. I just want to know who brought me here from the palace. Can't you fulfil this small request?" Like a typical child of his age, he pretended to be aggrieved and pursed his lips.

"Your Second Highness does not need to play tricks. Here, I am the master," the man in red looked immovable, with a sense of satire in his words and seemed to be ridiculing his actions.

Qi Mingyue lowered his head, "Then why did you constrain me here? Do you not know that Father Emperor loves me very much? If he knows that you tied me, he will certainly not let you go."

Perceiving the tremor in his voice, the man in red smirked, "Now, who doesn't know that the Second Prince is handsome and talented and that the Emperor loves you like a treasure? Although Jing Huang doesn't live in the palace, this is still known."

Hearing what he said, something flashed in Qi Mingyue's mind. The man's eyebrows looked a bit familiar, and suddenly, he realized whom it resembled. His raised his head and glared, "You are related to Consort Hua! How dare you take me out of the palace?! Don't you know this is a capital offence?!"

The man named Jing Huang laughed, "Your Royal Highness is worthy of your reputation, you really didn't disappoint me. No wonder Qi Xutian loves you so much and Fenghua suffered." Although he was laughing, it wasn't genuine. When he spoke of Consort Hua, his voice turned cold and emotionless, "My sister miscalculated and overestimated her status in Qi Xutian's heart. It's really ridiculous!" There was a sense of schadenfreude when he finished.

Qi Mingyue remembered that the original name of Consort Hua was Jing Fenghua. It was said that she was originally the young Palace Misteress of Fenghua Palace in Jianghu. Fenghua Palace was passed on through women, not men. It had always been controlled by women. When the previous Palace Mistress passed away, it was she who inherited the position. Later, after conceiving Father's child, she went to the palace to become Consort Hua. Listening to his words, he seemed to be against her, "Then why didn't you even help her? Didn't you kidnap me for the sake of revenge because Father Emperor abolished her martial arts?"

Jing Huang smiled again, "Jing Huang would like to thank him for this. If he hadn't done so, how could I get Fenghua Palace? Now her martial arts are completely worthless, just like ordinary people. Fenghua Palace can't be hers since she's useless." Jing Huang's smile made Qi Mingyue tremble and lower his head.