Hospital rooms and emotional text messages.

guys I'm so obsessed with FourFiveSeconds right now it's on replay 🙏 listen to it if you haven't already

////////

My mom dragged me to Logan's room. I couldn't even think I was so angry, how could this happen? Why didn't he just walk away from them? Why would they hurt him so badly? So many questions were running through my head, but the biggest one was, Is Logan going to be okay?

As soon as I got to his room I walked over to his bed and sat down softly beside him. His eyes were closed and the cuts looked rough against his pale skin. A bandage was covering his forehead and blood was seeping through on the white material. "Mom is he going to be okay? Where's Daniel?"

"He's on his way." My mom told me just as my cellphone rang. I looked down and saw Harry's face flashing across the screen. I don't know why but I just can't talk to him right now. I'm not angry at him, just angry in general. I turned my phone off and just then a nurse walked in and smiled at me.

"Sorry, darling. I've just got to change his bandage."

I nodded and moved so that she had room. As she was doing it she looked over and probably noticed the worried look on my face, "Have they told you anything yet?"

I shook my head. "Can you?"

She took the bandage off and the large cut on his forehead made me cringe, "You're really supposed to wait for the doctor, but I won't make you." She told me. "He hit is head pretty hard, and as you can see it's bleeding pretty badly."

She put on a clean bandage and then continued. "He's passed out right now from some pain meds he was given, but he'll wake up soon. He's got a concussion and they've got to do some tests for internal bleeding."

I nodded, "Thank you."

She threw out the old bandage and smiled again, "Is he your boyfriend?"

I shook my head, "Best friend, and step brother now I guess."

"Ahh, okay." She said. "Honey, if he wakes up just push the button next to his bed and I'll be here right away."

"Okay."

She left and I looked down at my powerless phone. I felt bad for ignoring Harry, but how much longer could I do this? I don't know why everyone found me and my friends so interesting. Like holy hell.

My mom came back into the room with a red face, "They won't fucking tell me anything. I can't find even one doctor, this hospital is shit."

"The nurse was just in here," I told her. "He has a concussion and he should wake up soon."

She let out a large breath and finally sat down on a chair, "Thank god."

I nodded, "Where was Daniel anyways? I thought he called and told you to come?"

"He was an hour away when he got the call. Shopping."

I nodded again, "Oh."

She didn't say anything else, and usually I would just drop it but I didn't for some reason. "Why have you guys been fighting so much?"

She seemed surprised and it took her a while, but she answered. "Uhhh, I was going to wait. But," she paused and scratched her head, her eyes moving from the floor, and then back to me. "I'm pregnant." She smiled.

My eyes widened, "Pregnant? Holy shit mom."

"Language, Preston." She laughed.

"Why were you fighting though? He wasn't happy about it?"

She shook her head, "Not at first. He was upset, and didn't feel ready. But he's changed his mind." She smiled. "That's where he was today, shopping for baby stuff."

"Damn."

She stared at me for a few seconds before raising an eyebrow, "Aren't you happy?"

"I'm just thinking about how fucking great that baby is going to be with both of mine and Logan's genes." I laughed. "Of course I'm happy mom."

Suddenly I felt movement behind me and I looked over to see Logan's eyes open. He cleared his throat and rubbed his left eye before focusing on me.

"Why the hell are you smiling? I'm in a hospital room."

I raised an eyebrow. "Why the hell did you fight the guy? Jesus, Logan."

"I don't recall fighting him."

"Sure you don't."

He tsked, "Stop arguing with me, I'm weak right now. You should be giving me sponge baths and brushing my hair."

"You must be on some strong shit."

He shrugged and winced at the movement before looking around me at my mom and smiling. "So pregnant huh?"

She looked surprised. "Your dad was supposed to tell you."

"I'll act surprised." He smiled. "Congrats, mama. That's gonna be one sick ass kid."

I looked down at my phone again. "I'll be right back," I said before walking out of the room. I turned my phone on and found a bathroom with only one stall. I locked the door and found Harry's name before ringing him.

It took a few seconds but he answered, "Preston? Baby? How's Logan? I've been so fuckin' worried. I'm on my way to the airport now, I'll grab the next flight out."

"Harry, slow down please." I told him, suddenly feeling even worse for not at least sending a text early to tell him Logan was okay. "He's fine, he just woke up."

"Oh Jesus, there were so many rumours going around that he was dying. I didn't know what to believe."

I frowned, "Sorry I didn't text you."

"No, it's okay. I'm still coming though."

I stayed silent and thought about it for a while. "I don't think that's a good idea."

"What? Why?"

The hurt in his voice showed through the phone. "If you come here we'll just be even more swarmed with paparazzi and that's why we got into this mess in the first place."

He was silent for a long time and I thought he hung up but then he coughed, "Okay."

"I'm sorry."

"It's okay, Preston. I'll call you later or something."

"Wait, Harry I-"

"It's okay, bye."

I looked down at the screen and he had hung up this time. I felt so bad, but it was true. We couldn't risk having even more people here, especially when we left and had to bring Logan home. I felt myself tearing up and I quickly brought my hands up and wiped them away, why the fuck did all of this have to be so confusing and frustrating. If Harry wasn't famous, we wouldn't be dealing with this. But at the same time, I probably wouldn't of met him if he wasn't. I let out a heavy breath and put my phone into my back pocket before wiping the last of my tears and walking out of the room. When I got into the hospital room Logan and my mom weren't there, they were probably gone for testing. I took out my phone again and brought up my texts.

Preston: i really am sorry, i wish i could see you. i really do. i just can't take anymore shit right now.

Harry: I understand more than you know, love. You shouldn't have to be going through any of this, you didn't ask for it and I'm sorry. I don't know what else to say other than I love you. Tell Logan I say sorry and let me know when you're home and we can talk more. Sorry I hung up on you as well, just a bit emotional is all. Hate seeing you have to put up with my shit.

Preston: i love you so damn much

/////

omfg I'm getting emotional 😭