Chapter 12-The King And His Queen [E]

It was Sunday afternoon as Annie lazily lounged on the sun bathing chairs in front of the pool.  Taking a long sideways glance where they sat yesterday when she tripped and fell into Julien's lap she replayed the scene in her head. 

Annie turned red from her head to her toes remembering what he told her. I'll always be there to catch you Duchess...always. 

He had no shame and barely knew her, saying intimate things in her ear and touching her with his greedy hands whenever he got the chance. She's never met anyone quite like him—aggressive, determined, confident. Even with her evident rebuttals he kept coming for her.

The evening had come to a close as the St. James' bade everyone a goodnight. It was also an awkward hour before they departed....Annie stayed flushed and embarrassed for the rest of their visit.

Sighing she looked down at the brace wrapped around her ankle. She kept moving it left and right, trying to keep the circulation moving. She was limping slightly on it, but she knew it would improve by tomorrow. Grabbing the strawberry lemonade from the table next to her chair, she sipped at the straw, as she daydreamed of Julien and wondering at what he'd do next.

Dreaming was an easy escape from reality and she'd be a fool to not  be scared of what's to happen next. So far their last few encounters had been outrageous.  First the accident, than the accident and slipping into his lap. 

What's next, she thought. 

Avoiding him would be the next best thing, she advises herself. Although, Running away from things wasn't Annie's style but he made her feel different, as if she were on unknown territory. What she feared the most was her unfamiliar feelings. She was inexperienced and was fearful she would get hurt.  Heartache was often the downfall of some of the greatest people.

That hard core pride of hers wouldn't let her suffer.

Annie's thoughts were disrupted by Cici's high pitched squealing coming from behind her. Annie became so startled, she almost sprung from her chair to see what the commotion was about but ended up spilling some lemonade on her shirt and cursed.

Instead, Annie listens to the sounds of the patio screen slide open with Cici skipping and dancing like a little child.

"Guess what happened!" Cici said with so much gusto, clapping happily.

Annie glared at her as she tried to dab the stain on her shirt with a tissue.  "I thought something bad happened!  Why did you come out like that?" 

"What's up with you grumpy? Your ankle hurt? Stop looking at me like that, I didn't mean to startle you! I have good news!"

As Annie kept blotting the pink stain out of her white shirt Cici just continued on, "Michale and Sheila finally have a wedding date set!" Clapping with a big wide smile on her face.

Annie's eyes turned wide.

"What! When?" She demanded.

As far as they all knew, her sibling and his fiancée were undecided.

"Two months from now. You know what that means? We only have a month to plan the bridal shower! Oh my God we have so much to do!  We'll have it here on the estate, in the yard. We'll order tables, chairs balloons, flowers-"

"Wait, why is it such short notice, and why have the bridal shower here when we can arrange it at a hotel?" Annie interrupted.

"Well, according to Michael, him and Shelia have had a couple locations in mind for the wedding. They've been looking ever since they got engaged! I guess the coordinator of the place they were really interested in called informing them they don't have any dates after spring time open anymore. It looks like everybody wants a summer/fall wedding...anyway, Michael and Sheila don't want to wait till winter sooo they're having a spring wedding!"

"Wow! That means we don't have much time to look for dresses either..." Annie trailed off, momentarily forgetting the stain forming on her shirt. It was hard to believe it was happening so fast.

"I know. If we don't find anything here we'll go to New York! Oh, I can't wait!" Clutching Annie's hand in hers. "How is your ankle, by the way?"

"It's still the same. I'm hoping it'll be better by tomorrow."

"Speaking of tomorrow, I over heard dad talking about the St. James' coming by the office tomorrow...they must be looking for offices or something because he was also saying he was planning to show them the open space across from us on the same floor."

Annie's eyes widened. She knew they were looking for an official headquarters. The Taverrons owned the whole building, they recently had tenants move out of the open sector months ago, it was quite spacious and ready to be occupied.

It's interesting how fate keeps bringing them together.

Cici noticed Annie's expression change, a million emotions crossing her face and smiled. Annie tried to act indifferent the last time she talked about Julien. But Cici knew better, Annie was falling for him just as much as he was falling for her. That's why she informed her of their visit tomorrow, she wanted to confirm Annie's reaction.

Annie quickly noticed Cici's pointed look, and the suggestive tilt of her eyebrows, "Deny it all you want Angie, I know when someone's got it bad and that tall, dark, and handsome sexy British God wants you with a passion! He's fallen hard for you...Looks like someone is in love with our warrior princess." Cici sang the last part, giggling.

Annie looked away as she fought the blush that threaten to unravel her self control. Then looked up and glared at her.

Love. That was such a strong word. Annie didn't believe in, Love at first sight and rolled her eyes.  Love took time to developed, it didn't happen over night. 

She tried to imagine if it would be easy to fall for Julien.  He was very attractive and so sure of himself, his powerful aura calling out to her.  There was something brewing between them.  Could it result in love, she wondered?

Cici stood up and started to walk away with a smirk.   She turned around and kept walking backwards saying, "Looks like the King has finally found his Queen..." She teased, making her way in the house.

He calls me Duchess, Annie wanted to correct her but kept her mouth closed.  Remembering how easily it rolled off his tongue made her feel special...unique. 

Annie stayed outside mulling over Cici's words as she looked out into the distance.  It wouldn't be so bad to be his queen, would it? 

Only time will tell....
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please vote, share.
Thanks Shaz