Chapter 27- Love [E]

They got back late last night from Hawaii and she avoided eye contact with all her family members.

During the flight, Annie purposefully ignored all the questioning stares.  With her standoffish attitude and demeanor, no one dared approach her willingly.   She didn't want to be bothered or talked to and so she ignored everyone and laid back slightly in her chair, not looking back once.  She did not know where Julien sat or with who while Annie was seated in the very front, next to the window with her ear plugs, listening to music.  She was being stubborn but didn't care.

Julien knew she was angry with him, yet again.  The plane ride was quiet as everyone in their party laid back in their chairs and rested or slept.  

He understood she needed more time alone with him without curious or knowing stares but he couldn't help himself.  He needed to show her that he was serious with his intentions.  Annie was compliant at times, giving into her needs and wants and at other times she fought him and the undeniable attraction brewing between them.  Every time Julien thought he broke down more of her walls, the more she built to shelter herself. 

Julien was having enough of it.  He couldn't wait any longer.  He couldn't get enough of her, the more he touched her, held her, the more he realized he would not live without her. The more she fought him and pushed away the more he wanted her.  Julien felt like he was under a spell, this obsession with Annie just intensified his feelings for her. 

She was a challenge, and well worth the effort. 

When he was with her, she made him feel like a king.  She made him feel alive, giving him hope for the future when he never had any. Annie was the woman of his dreams coming true. Julien couldn't imagine in his wildest dreams a more perfect, more truer woman than her. His perfect match in every way. 

And Julien meant what he said to her father and to her afterwards, he wouldn't stop until she was fully his–heart, body and soul....
*******
It was Monday morning, as Annie sat in her desk scanning over reports, sighing loudly and placing the file down. Documents were scattered all over her desk.  Pretending to work was not helping steer her mind from wandering to the previous nights events.

She felt like it was all so complicated, her life. She hated it. It was spiraling out of control in front of her very own eyes.  And no one was there to catch her.

A soft knock on the door interrupted Annie's thoughts. The door started opening and a large bouquet of red roses came into view held by Joe.

"Hey Miss. T, these were just dropped off for you."

Annie's eyebrows rose in confusion. Joe placed the bouquet on her coffee table and caught her expression. "Something wrong, honey? You look pale and exhausted..."

Rubbing her eyes tiredly Annie shook her head. "No, I'm okay, just a lot on my mind. Did you catch who they're from?" Eyeing the beautifully breathtaking roses. She could smell their potent essence start to perfume her office with their inviting sweet aroma.

Before Joe could respond, their heads turned at the same time at the knock against her door. A delivery man stood in the slightly open doorway.

"Excuse me." The man said, clearing his throat. "I have a delivery for Miss. Angelica Taverron." He said, glancing down at his clip board.

Joe came up to him and signed for the delivery. The man stepped out for a moment coming back with a large bouquet of white and pink lilies in a glittered-gold vase. Joe indicated the table as the delivery man placed it down and left quietly.

"These are gorgeous!" He exclaimed with a smile. Joe turned witnessing the confusion written all over her face. "Don't frown honey, it'll give you wrinkles. What's the matter?" Crossing his arms across his chest.