Chapter 30- The Dress [E]

He did not want to lose her. 

From the very beginning, this woman stole his heart with one look.

She was his life, his other half. 

Julien could not imagine his world without her. 

Now that he had her, he was never going to let her go no matter what happened. Not when he was so close to ask her to marry him and start their new life together.

Julien's frustration was reaching new heights as his thoughts darkened. The negativity was swirling inside his head, causing havoc and worry. He sat up in his office chair, shrugging his suit jacket off his shoulders, he felt too confined needing to breath openly without his clothing. His bunched muscles stood out against his dress shirt, as he flexed his arms, rolling up his sleeves.

It was nearly five o'clock in the evening.  Julien had plans to take Annie out to look for a dress for the bridal shower. Since what she wore turned out for her birthday, Julien offered to take her, wanting to spend as much time with her as he could. 

He also planned to take her out later that evening to dinner.  It was their first official outing as a couple. 

Last night he gifted the presents he choose for her outside along the balcony overlooking the ocean.  The view was spectacular.  The moon high and bright.  The stars twinkling in the black night...

**Last night, birthday scene**
Julien was brooding, he could not keep his eyes off of Annie, making sure she never left his sight.  He felt even more protective than ever before since the sliver of doubt the gypsy left inside of him.  He should know better and understand what that woman said was rubbish but he couldn't ease the seed of unease he felt.

Annie approached their table, a small smile lite her face when he looked up and caught her gaze trailing along his upper torso. Julien winked at her, making her grin spread wider. She had never smiled down at him with so much love shinning from her eyes. Julien held up his hand for her to clasp as she sat down beside him.

"Hi." She greeted warmly holding his hand in her lap, leaning her body closer to him as she looked deeply into his eyes. Julien smiled back, feeling his heart constrict in his chest.

"Ready love?" He asked.

"Yes, the last of the guests just left and the entertainment is packing up. We can go whenever.." Julien eyebrows furrowed together when he heard the entertainment. His gaze swept the ballroom and landed on the gypsy's tent that was being packed away. Annie followed in the direction of his gaze. "What did that lady say to you before, I never got a chance to ask you?"

Julien squeezed Annie's hand looking back to her. "Nonsense and rubbish. Nothing that I did not know already." He reassured her. "Let us go on our way, I have something to give to you." Changing the subject easily, clutching the small gift bag in his other hand.

Clasping Annie's hand in his, he lead her outside. 

They walked to the very back of the yacht where it was more secluded and private, away from curious eyes.

"It's beautiful!"  She exclaimed, taking the necklace out of the box and softly inspecting it.  The pink diamond necklace was unique and simple.  The chain sparkled in the light and the large diamond stood out brightly starring back at her.  Annie smiled up at Julien.  "This is too much Julien!"