Chapter 28- Surprise Part 1 [E]

Julien opened the large Jewelry box for the fifth time that day.  The rare pink diamond one-carat studs sparkled against the black velvet box they were softly laying in. Complimenting the studs was a simple silver chained necklace carrying a one-carat pink diamond matching the studs.

Gifting such a rare diamond of unique beauty was only worthy of one person...

....His Duchess.....

Julien reached for another smaller velvet box and held it open gazing intensely at the five-carat pink diamond, tear-shaped ring he planned to give her when the time was right. 

And it will be soon, he vowed.

Today was the day of her surprise birthday party.  Since Sunday, Julien hadn't seen her but that didn't stop him from sending her dozens and dozens of fuchsia colored roses to her office, in hope her anger towards him had dissipated. 

Closing the small velvet box with a snap, he securely hid it in on the top drawer of his nightstand and pushing it to the very back.  Closing the drawer softly, Julien placed the studs and necklace in the gift bag. 

Pulling off his shirt, he made his way to his ensuite bathroom.  The marble tile floor felt cold against his bare feet as he crossed the short distance and switched on the shower knobs.  Peeling the rest of his clothes off, he entered his shower, letting the warm water beat against his taut, hard muscled body. 

He couldn't wait for tonight.  It was the night the love of his life turned twenty-five years old.  Although she looked younger than her age, she had the mind of someone older, beyond her years. 

Julien smiled to himself.  Remembering the countless times he's made her feel uncomfortable, her innocence in intimacy and the way she fought her attraction towards him.  It made him crave her with a passion.  

His member tightened painfully and Julien clenched his teeth trying to control his need.  Turning the knob down to cool off the rising heat in his body, he continues his shower in cold water while  overwhelming visual thoughts of Annie as his wife and in his bed overtook his mind in a welcome bliss. 
*******
Finalizing the last touches to her make-up and patty her hair in satisfaction, Annie stared back at her reflection.

Dark lined eyes made her big blue eyes pop out, and the red shiny lipstick made her mouth look more generous and full. Turning to the side she inspected the gold dress she wore. It was one of the most beautiful pieces she'd ever bought. The bodice was delicately sewn, small crystals twinkled in the light and ran down the front and back all the way to the hem. The color brought out her skin tone as the material encased and emphasized her figure. It was a little heavy due to the detail all around but Annie quickly adjusted to it once she put it on.

Turning away from the mirror, she placed her lipstick, drivers license and phone in a matching gold clutch. Just as Annie made one final inspection in the mirror, an impatient knock sounded on her bedroom door. 

"Coming!" She called out, knowing she was running a little late. She was the last of her family to finish up.   Everybody else left anxious to arrive to make sure everything was in place. 

Cici, Sheila and Annie went to the salon earlier to get waxing done on their bodies, they were also scheduled for facials and massages. It wasn't her fault she was the last one to receive her massage–the missus was running late due to the previous clients tardiness.

The door to her room swung open revealing her Uncle Brett, an impatient look marring his features.

"Come on Annie, I've been waiting for you downstairs! We're running late, the party is going to start without us! They'll take off before we get there!"