Chapter 26- The Heart Wants What It Wants [E]

Annie's pulse quickened with anxiety and turmoil after listening to her mother declare Julien loved her.

It's too soon, she thought. Could he really love her? Is that why he was going against all the odds?

"Come on, lets dance again." Cici begged as she clasped Annie's wrists. "It's our last night here. Pleeeeease!"

Annie let out a frustrating sigh and agreed reluctantly, knowing Cici would not leave her in peace. Glancing over her shoulder, she sent her mother an apologetic smile, barely starting their conversation when Cici interrupted them.

Charlotte waved them off, "Go enjoy yourselves girls!" Sitting back in the booth, Charlotte began speaking to Kate who was giving Annie a knowing smile.  Just before fully turning Annie caught Kate starring at her out of the corner of her eye, knowing exactly who they were going to talk about.

Annie internally felt defeated and insecure, and she despised the feeling. It was his fault. Ever since Julien crashed into her life, it's been an overwhelming roller coaster ride. Where she once was the pilot, she now was the co-pilot. He took over her life, breaking down her walls with determination one by one.

Nobody had ever been so successful. Many have tried to catch her eye, she would give them the attention she would give a little child, but never one such as Julien has ever attempted to conquer her heart. Annie realized as Cici led her passed the cluttered bodies, she allowed Julien the power, relinquishing everything into his hands.

It was by free will.

She let him because she needed him. He was the missing piece of her puzzle. And it scared her. Where nothing in life intimidated her, this recollection terrified her.

Cici dragged Annie back to the center of the illuminated dance floor. The DJ played Madonna's  song Celebration, and Cici smiled and swayed her hips to the beat.

"Come on! Dance!"

Annie started dancing, forgetting her worries for a few minutes.

"I knew he liked you!" Cici exclaimed, making a full turn, hands over her head. "I loved the way he kissed your hands Angie! He's totally into you..." She continued.

She was not ready to admit anything, nor discuss her relationship. Annie just shook her head in denial, feeling her frustration and anger begin to rise. Cici could only laugh in her face.

Out of nowhere a disheveled man, looking slightly drunk, with dark blond hair dressed in black slacks and a unbuttoned dress shirt stepped in between them, grabbing Cici's waist and roughly pulling her up against his body. Cici yelped in surprise, trying to push the drunk man off of her but without success. She was much smaller than the obviously well built man and the pushing against his chest made no difference. 

At first Annie thought Cici was dancing with him, not making out her facial expression due to the darkness of the club, but when she turned she witnessed how close their bodies were and the drunk man forcing Cici to dance against him.  Annie felt a surge of anger rush through her and stopped, tapping his shoulder.

She beckoned him forward with a evil smile. He smirked happily, coming towards her after releasing Cici.  Her sister staggered back clutching her chest in fear. 

The drunk made to grab her waist. Annie took the opportunity, griped his wrist with incredible strength and agility and pulled it behind his back roughly, making his groan loudly in pain.

Annie then kicked his leg, forcing him to kneel as he let out a screech of protest. Before he fell forward, she grabbed hold of his hair jerking his head back.